News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

194 Arrested @ Hampton

Started by G. Augusto, March 10, 2009, 06:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G. Augusto

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/03/09/entertainment/e141925D83.DTL&tsp=1

QuotePolice arrest 194 during Phish reunion weekend

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

(03-10) 10:37 PDT Hampton, Va. (AP) --

Some Phish fans are leaving Hampton a little lighter than when they arrived for the band's weekend reunion.

Police said Monday they confiscated about $1.2 million in illegal drugs and more than $68,000 in cash from concertgoers. Authorities also arrested 194 Phish fans during the three-night celebration of the band's return to the stage after a nearly five-year absence.

Most of the arrests were for drug possession, use and distribution, police said.

Tourism officials had estimated 75,000 fans would be coming to the coastal Virginia city. Nearly 200 law enforcement officers worked the weekend event, with the Vermont-based band picking up the tab.

PhishPhan

Smelled weed even when there was about a billion cops outside on Sunday. Only really saw one arrest. He was singing Bug while the cuffs were being put on him which got a few laughs out of me.

Casey Lenahan

that why i come prepared, or just send a stupid friend out  :lol:
I owe Aug $20

mikerobe

Quite unfortunate for your stupid friend. 

Poster Nutbag

194 people = 1.2 million dollars in drugs  :-o
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

phillyphan

They always exaggerate those numbers for wow effect. Probably half, if not more, of those arrests were for stupid shit. A joint or something. !@#$ the police!

moonmoog

yeah cops around the world are about numbers   :frustrated:  Those numbers are what the DEPARTMENT can make off of the illicit materials they "confiscate" ;)

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

Ri©h

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on March 10, 2009, 07:48:37 PM

That's horseshit. Cops inflate those numbers to make it look like they did something good for the community.

If you divide that up it averages out to $6185.56 per person.  I highly doubt 194 fans each had that much money or drugs on them.

Pffffffffft.  Lame.

whyweigh5.0

they always exaggerate the numbers.  Kinda like when they bust grow houses.  When they weigh the product that weigh the plant with the stalks AND the dirt and pots... everything
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

G. Augusto

Quote from: Rich on March 10, 2009, 08:26:34 PM

That's horseshit. Cops inflate those numbers to make it look like they did something good for the community.

If you divide that up it averages out to $6185.56 per person.  I highly doubt 194 fans each had that much money or drugs on them.

Pffffffffft.  Lame.

One of the first people busted on Friday had 8 lbs of nugs in a UHaul.
a

blatboom

Quote from: G. Augusto on March 10, 2009, 08:40:07 PM

Pffffffffft.  Lame.

a

I heard about that, only I heard it was 80  :roll:
8 sounds more like it.

G. Augusto

Quote from: blatboom on March 10, 2009, 08:52:57 PM
Quote from: G. Augusto on March 10, 2009, 08:40:07 PM

Pffffffffft.  Lame.

a

I heard about that, only I heard it was 80  :roll:
8 sounds more like it.

MY post-Hampton resolution is to stop endorsing the ZER0.
a

moonmoog

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on March 10, 2009, 08:29:44 PM
they always exaggerate the numbers.  Kinda like when they bust grow houses.  When they weigh the product that weigh the plant with the stalks AND the dirt and pots... everything
yyyup

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: mikerobe on March 10, 2009, 07:43:55 PM
Quite unfortunate for your stupid friend. 

okay not really stupid, but i usually wait for a friend to pick something up and wait for him to try it out  :wink:

safe, and usually by the time you get to him hes a good 3 hours into what ever it is and its usually half price by then  :lol:
I owe Aug $20

VA $l!m

sunday was ruffff.
really nice kid i met during the weekend called me monday and said he got busted with 30 rolls in one of the hotel lots.
sux.

though, mainly the biggest bustdown i noticed was the vending. they ruined any shakedown for the most part all weekend, except  for the little they let go in the H2o lot on sat and sun.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-