News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Interview Thread

Started by redrum, January 02, 2009, 10:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on December 18, 2018, 12:54:07 PM
Anyhow, I dig this series and Phish Radio, they need to just make that a permanent thing!

I've been listening to more JEMP radio lately. I'm not renewing my SXM subscription when it comes up in a few months. Tired of that shit.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on December 18, 2018, 03:46:49 PM
Anyhow, I dig this series and Phish Radio, they need to just make that a permanent thing!

I've been listening to more JEMP radio lately. I'm not renewing my SXM subscription when it comes up in a few months. Tired of that shit.

What is this JEMP radio you speak of???

::immediately seeks thru the google machine::

:crazy:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on December 18, 2018, 03:50:40 PM

https://jempradio.com/

also on tune-in or whatever for streaming on whatever app or device you do radio stuff. I have an alexa thing that I use when I'm cooking and stuff - just tell her "listen to J.E.M.P. radio" and it works like a champ. Gotta spell it out, though.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on December 18, 2018, 04:07:43 PM
Quote from: gah on December 18, 2018, 03:50:40 PM

https://jempradio.com/

also on tune-in or whatever for streaming on whatever app or device you do radio stuff. I have an alexa thing that I use when I'm cooking and stuff - just tell her "listen to J.E.M.P. radio" and it works like a champ. Gotta spell it out, though.

they got an app for iphone....dl'ing now...and will be able to stream in the car....thanks man!

anthrax

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 15, 2019, 09:47:54 AM
Trey was featured in a GQ article on sobriety.

https://www.gq.com/story/clean-musicians

Damn Trey's inputs are great.
Love Isbell's and Walsh's too.
Thanks for the read!

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 15, 2019, 09:47:54 AM
Trey was featured in a GQ article on sobriety.

https://www.gq.com/story/clean-musicians

+k for that one...really resonate with what Trey had to share.

sls.stormyrider

enjoyed it.

I was especially interested on what they said about creativity.

thanks
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

jam>

I really find Trey talking about his sobriety inspirational in general sense.

Also, anyone know what songs he wrote the morning after tripping on the beach all night in Greece?

emay

Quote from: jam> on January 15, 2019, 01:46:08 PM
I really find Trey talking about his sobriety inspirational in general sense.

Also, anyone know what songs he wrote the morning after tripping on the beach all night in Greece?

Phish.net says parts of YEM, Dog Log, music of Harry Hood were written in the Europe 85 trip with Fishman.

QuoteWhen Trey and Fish traveled to Greece in the summer of '85, they experienced a tumultuous series of events involving a sea storm, a capsized raft, and lots of super-clean "chemists' reserve" LSD. Following their return to safety, Trey wrote several chunks of new music inspired by the adventure. Back at the King Street house, a former tenant apparently named Mr. A. Minor was still receiving mail. One piece caught the band's collective eye, a form letter bursting at the seams with Minor's name, telling him, "Thank You, Mr. Minor." It is from these relatively nondescript circumstances that one of Phish's most beloved songs was born.

Also from an acoustic show in 2018 before Hood.
QuoteWe played street music in Paris, and Munich, and Italy, and eventually we ended up in Greece and we slept on the beach for three weeks, and that's where I wrote that song ["Harry Hood"], on the beach on an acoustic guitar.

sls.stormyrider

Hood for sure - I've read him describe how he wrote it
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

yeah, pretty sure he was referring to hood and yem.

pcr3

I wonder to whom he is referring...

QuoteAnastasio: I know one guy right now who's in trouble, who's going to come crashing down soon, and everyone's talking about it. I think sobriety had given me the lens to able to see that person—I can see the actual person in there. I don't do anything—there's nothing you can do. But I feel for them. I don't demonize people, I sympathize. [laughs] But I also don't want to work with them.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

gah

Quote from: pcr3 on January 15, 2019, 02:24:43 PM
I wonder to whom he is referring...

QuoteAnastasio: I know one guy right now who's in trouble, who's going to come crashing down soon, and everyone's talking about it. I think sobriety had given me the lens to able to see that person—I can see the actual person in there. I don't do anything—there's nothing you can do. But I feel for them. I don't demonize people, I sympathize. [laughs] But I also don't want to work with them.

I don't like to speculate on things like this, but I'm going to say my immediate thought was Russ only because this whole Ghosts of the Forest thing is really just TAB but with Fish instead of Russ. But then the other night Trey sat in with Soul Monde for the whole evening, so I guess not. I dunno. No clue. I respect his approach to it though, whoever it is.