News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Voter Fraud

Started by susep, November 11, 2006, 01:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Not that this is anything new however the '04 Presidential race was thrown bigtime by Deibold electronic voting machines.  Kerry was even aware that in NM. machines were automatically giving Bush favor yet did nothing about it and hasn't since.  In FL. tests were run on Deibold machines.  Participants voted in a 2-6 vote whereas upon receiving the end voting ticket summation, the results read 7-1.  The local election official was blown away and admitted that vendors such as Deibold had more control over the voting process then the voting officials as well as us, the voters.  Further researched led to the discovery of an exe. file whereas Deibold denied the existence of such codes.
Cuyahoga County in re-count OH. invested $22mil. in Deibold voting technology in '05. 
Bottom line we are losing our democracy.  The recount in OH. election officials hand picked cards instead of a random sample.
Fuck the machines :evil:

nab

Agreed.  Paper Trail=democracy. 

mattstick

If (god forbid) Canada ever went to Black Box voting machines I would make every attempt to vote via absentee ballot as a form of protest.

susep

HBO Documentary Hacking Democracy:

Is American democracy safe in the age of computers? This cautionary film looks at the very real risk of hackers altering vote counts in public elections--and exposes the vulnerability of computers which count approximately 80% of America's votes in county, state and federal elections. Filmed in 2004-05, this documentary tells the story of Bev Harris, a Seattle publicist/writer whose watchdog group uncovered evidence of mishandled voting records and suspicious voting machine malfunctions. Harris' crusade took the group--consisting of computer experts, activists and political candidates from both parties--from her home computer (where she found a computer system blueprint accidentally made public) to Tallahassee, FL for a "mini-election" that proved just how easy it is to hack the vote. (TVPG) (AC)

rowjimmy

Yep. The 2004 election is a loss to humanity.
Looking forward, if they ever try to go to electronice voting machines in my town I'll go absentee immediatly.

tet

um, if you vote absentee, your vote isn't counted unless it is an extremely close result.  99% of the time, they get locked away and never looked at.  so, not the smartest protest, ensuring that your vote will never get counted.... :roll:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Thats not true.

Not where I live, at least.

susep

I'm thinking about calling city hall and asking Roberta if the machines have been tested or if I can inspect them myself. :-D