News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Headphones

Started by flow00, June 04, 2006, 10:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: kellerb on February 11, 2011, 11:33:30 PM
Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on February 11, 2011, 01:02:55 PM
To stay under budget and get the iPhone call features I went with the Klipsch Image S2m Noise-Isolating Headset with Microphone and Single-Button Control. I got them off Amazon for $33.50 (retail $59.99).

Thanks for the help :-)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002FB7IWU/ref=ox_ya_os_product

That control button might be a rip-off.  It looks like all it does is pause.   :-P

Got me worried for a second there but it says with a Mic

Single-button in-line control (ANSWER/MUTE/HANG-UP) :-)

Quote from: nab on February 12, 2011, 01:43:33 AM
I'm interested to see what you think of these.  I've only listened the S4's, and I've been hooked on them since I got them.  I always wondered about the S2's as well.

I'll let you know what I think once I get them next week.

ph92

To stay under budget and get the iPhone call features I went with the Klipsch Image S2m Noise-Isolating Headset with Microphone and Single-Button Control. I got them off Amazon for $33.50 (retail $59.99).

I'm interested to see what you think of these.  I've only listened the S4's, and I've been hooked on them since I got them. I always wondered about the S2's as well. 
Would you mind doing a quick summary on their sound and your thoughts if possible?

I have been looking into a new set of IEM's because I am realizing I might not be able to get those custom IEM's for a while.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

nab

Quote from: phishhead92 on February 13, 2011, 04:43:34 AM

I'm interested to see what you think of these.  I've only listened the S4's, and I've been hooked on them since I got them. I always wondered about the S2's as well. 
Would you mind doing a quick summary on their sound and your thoughts if possible?

I have been looking into a new set of IEM's because I am realizing I might not be able to get those custom IEM's for a while.

Most faithful bass production of any IEM's I've ever tired.  Rich mids and smooth highs.  Well worth the $80 price tag.   

ph92

Quote from: nab on February 13, 2011, 11:29:08 AM

Most faithful bass production of any IEM's I've ever tired.  Rich mids and smooth highs.  Well worth the $80 price tag.   
Hmm... I might go for something new (other than Shure and Ety) as that's what I've been trying for the past few years.

Thanks. Also, do they come with tri-flange earpieces?
Make America Melt Again!

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: phishhead92 on February 13, 2011, 01:44:55 PM
Quote from: nab on February 13, 2011, 11:29:08 AM

Hmm... I might go for something new (other than Shure and Ety) as that's what I've been trying for the past few years.

Thanks. Also, do they come with tri-flange earpieces?

Got my headphones in the mail yesterday and I am totally loving them. They fit great in my ears (which I was worried about because I have some ear damage on my right ear and have found it hard to find headphones that fit well into both ears. The sound quality is good (although I think the S4's probably sounds better).  What I really like about the 'phones is the noise isolation making it so I don't need to turn up the volume at all for good sound levels and quality (having a damaged right ear I need to be careful how loud I play my headphones). That and the fact that I'm not that person on the subway with my iPod blasting and ruining my hearing makes the headphones well worth it.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

ph92

I have wanted these things since I was a freshman. I finally got the money though and I finally got them. The detail is amazing in these things, though the bass is not deep it is very crisp and punchy. Mids are very nice as well and the sound stage for an IEM is pretty great. I wasn't expecting much there but it still exceeds most other IEM soundstages.
Make America Melt Again!

Buffalo Budd

I'm debating buying a pair of Sony MDR-V300s for a steal from someone here in the city.
Anyone have any experience with these? I know they are DJ phones but would they be decent for listening to records?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

I had a pair at work for a long time, I found them comfy. 

You can find them new pretty cheap in pro audio shops, I guess it depends how much you're paying for used.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on October 26, 2017, 09:58:04 AM

I had a pair at work for a long time, I found them comfy. 

You can find them new pretty cheap in pro audio shops, I guess it depends how much you're paying for used.

$30 on kijiji, seems pretty cheap when I check the prices on ebay.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.