News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mike Gordon March 2019 Tour

Started by mehead, November 13, 2018, 08:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 13, 2018, 12:04:51 PM
The Sinclair is probably the smallest room you could ever see Mike in, as well as the best room I've personally ever played in the Boston area.... so, if you were to see 4 Mike shows in a row, that'd be the place to do it.

The Sinclair holds 525 people. Keller and I saw him play at The Bluebird in Bloomington and that place only holds 288 people. I think that's the smallest place Mike has played since the Burlington days.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 19, 2018, 06:01:29 PM
The Sinclair is probably the smallest room you could ever see Mike in, as well as the best room I've personally ever played in the Boston area.... so, if you were to see 4 Mike shows in a row, that'd be the place to do it.

The Sinclair holds 525 people. Keller and I saw him play at The Bluebird in Bloomington and that place only holds 288 people. I think that's the smallest place Mike has played since the Burlington days.

Damn, that's tiny.  Was it packed?  I saw him at the Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland like 10 years ago, which is 500 cap, and I was kinda blown away because there was still plenty of room.  If I had to guess, I'd say there was only 300+ in attendance. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on November 19, 2018, 06:29:01 PM

Damn, that's tiny.  Was it packed?  I saw him at the Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland like 10 years ago, which is 500 cap, and I was kinda blown away because there was still plenty of room.  If I had to guess, I'd say there was only 300+ in attendance.

Pretty packed, but we had space to groove.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 19, 2018, 08:35:50 PM

Tomapella was there too.  And parking in a garage was like $1.25

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on November 20, 2018, 09:47:40 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 19, 2018, 08:35:50 PM

Tomapella was there too.  And parking in a garage was like $1.25

I forgot that Tom was there too since he didn't drive down with us.

emay

Not in March but Mike just added a show at Red Rocks with White Denim and Moe.  :rawk:

PIE-GUY

Quote from: emay on November 20, 2018, 11:51:46 AM
Not in March but Mike just added a show at Red Rocks with White Denim and Moe.  :rawk:

Saw that. I'm not really a Moe. fan, but that triple bill would hook me for sure if I lived nearby. That's a solid line-up.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 20, 2018, 11:53:10 AM

Saw that. I'm not really a Moe. fan, but that triple bill would hook me for sure if I lived nearby. That's a solid line-up.

I used to follow their shows and tours more before Phish came back in 09 but really haven't listened to a peep since then.
Love White Denim though.
might be a good night to beat the traffic and head back mid second set of Moe.

Buffalo Budd

Moe. is one of the most consistent 'jambands' out there imo.
I don't keep up with their tours like I would Phish but I think that is due to nostalgia more than anything.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

That show would be fantastic to see! When I saw White Denim a few months ago they had progresses into a bit more of a 'jamband', with segues out of one song into another and then back again. Much different than when I saw them a few years ago.

Caravan2001

Quote from: emay on November 20, 2018, 11:57:53 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 20, 2018, 11:53:10 AM

I used to follow their shows and tours more before Phish came back in 09 but really haven't listened to a peep since then.
Love White Denim though.
might be a good night to beat the traffic and head back mid second set of Moe.

I've been to 5-6 .moe shows, the last one probably around '96 or so.  I have never lasted the whole show lol.  That said, they have improved 1000% since the 90s.  Just not into them, but they're super nice guys.