News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Sneaker Thread

Started by susep, November 03, 2006, 04:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

susep

I bought my honey some sweet Nike Sport Trainers earlier:

susep

just bought a pair of sweet retro Air Jordan 1 low tops.  Now that Nike is offering legit retro Jordan's, I can begin archiving versions 1 through 4. :mrgreen: 

Inspired by the Air Jordan 1's past as a skateboarding shoe, the Air Jordan 1 Low Phat Men's Shoe gets a comfort boost with added padding in the tongue and collar lining and a fresh look with hot new colors and patterns.

Combination leather and synthetic upper with perforated toe for breathability
Deluxe foam package in the collar lining and tongue for maximum comfort
Cupsole midsole with insert and full length Nike airbag for enhanced cushioning
Embroidered retro Wings logo at heel
Solid rubber outsole with strategically placed forefoot flex grooves for flexibility

rowjimmy

PhishPhan

Quote from: August on November 03, 2006, 05:12:00 PM
BEST KICKS EVER?  :-D

A

Some people say a picture is worth a thousand words...These sneakers are so cool, I'm speechless.

Not really sneakers but I love these!

http://www.thenorthface.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=10897&storeId=207&catalogId=10201&langId=-1&from=subCat&parent_category_rn=11706&variationId=0CV

There's a knob in that back that you turn to tighten wires inside the shoe. The next velcro...

G. Augusto

With that magenta insole!

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 07, 2008, 09:26:02 PM
I wear these:

That Vans design was called "Snooka"

I also rock these.

(sorry about the tiny picture, twas all I could find)
That design was called "Glytch"
I love 'em.

MiamiPhish

I'm rocking these at the moment:

Classic Adidas Gazelle

Mr Minor

In college I had about 8 different pairs of Puma's, all different colors.  Twas quite sweet.  Different color for a different mood.  Rock the shit outta those badboys.

After that I got in to Vans.  Rocked them for many many years, but now it seems the designs are way to middle school for me.  A lot going on in the design, hurts my old eyes.  I know there are some nice basic ones out there, but I don't see them very often.  I will buy them when I see them, though.

Recently bought a pair of New Balance, first time ever, and I really like them.  Comfy, light, works great.  But I still have an old pair of Vans for those snowy days so my feet don't get wet.

rowjimmy

The deal now, for Vans, is to go online and, aside from a couple decent styles every year, you pretty much have to make a custom pair.
At $60 per, it's worth it. My next sneaker purchase will be 2 identical pairs of custom vans.

redrum

Quote from: Mr Minor on December 08, 2008, 08:24:15 AM

After that I got in to Vans.  Rocked them for many many years, but now it seems the designs are way to middle school for me.  A lot going on in the design, hurts my old eyes.  I know there are some nice basic ones out there, but I don't see them very often.  I will buy them when I see them, though.

agreed. way too much going on these days. give me the old school basics. when you find them you gotta grab them.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Mr Minor

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 08, 2008, 08:27:10 AM
The deal now, for Vans, is to go online and, aside from a couple decent styles every year, you pretty much have to make a custom pair.
At $60 per, it's worth it. My next sneaker purchase will be 2 identical pairs of custom vans.

I didn't know you could do that.  Thanks for the info.  I will def be checking into that.

Quote from: redrum on December 08, 2008, 09:17:48 AM

agreed. way too much going on these days. give me the old school basics. when you find them you gotta grab them.

And they are getting harder to find.  The online thing sounds like the best option.

TheIguana

i'd love a pair of these...

We were put here to help each other through this thing...whatever "this thing" is. Kurt Vonnegut

susep

Quote from: susep73 on December 07, 2008, 09:22:11 PM
just bought a pair of sweet retro Air Jordan 1 low tops.  Now that Nike is offering legit retro Jordan's, I can begin archiving versions 1 through 4. :mrgreen: 

Inspired by the Air Jordan 1's past as a skateboarding shoe, the Air Jordan 1 Low Phat Men's Shoe gets a comfort boost with added padding in the tongue and collar lining and a fresh look with hot new colors and patterns.

Combination leather and synthetic upper with perforated toe for breathability
Deluxe foam package in the collar lining and tongue for maximum comfort
Cupsole midsole with insert and full length Nike airbag for enhanced cushioning
Embroidered retro Wings logo at heel
Solid rubber outsole with strategically placed forefoot flex grooves for flexibility

my shoes arrived yesterday. 8-)

WhatstheUse?

I have had these same shoes since 5th grade.  Well, not the same pair, but the same exact shoe.

I honestly can't keep track off how many different pairs i have boughten.... my guess is around 10.

Always white stripes, always. 

I guess it is kind of weird, I've never been a huge shoe fan, so once I found a pair i liked i just stuck with it...... it's nice buying a new pair of shoes but not having to get used to them because they are the same, especially now that I've stopped growing I can get the same size everytime.

How boring am I?  :|
Bring in the dude!