News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"An Inconvenient Truth" = An Inconvenient Oscar for Best Documentary

Started by tet, February 25, 2007, 10:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

I find it funny how so many people can watch the same movie, and come away with totally different opinions on what was said.  This is what makes it interesting.  IMO, I agree with what was said (on this board) about how this shouldn't be a political issue.  This is affecting everyone, whether we like it or not.  I just thought the amount of footage of, the jokes about, and any/all references to the 2000 election put in the movie were totally obnoxious and unnecessary.  It has nothing to do with the subject at hand.  IMO, it shouldn't have been in there AT ALL!!!!  But he just couldn't resist the opportunity.  I understand that the current administration has chosen to turn the blind eye.  But it's like he is insinuating that if he were president, this wouldn't be a problem at all.  Give me a break.  Instead of wasting my time, talking about how bitter you are (5 years later) about the election, why don't you propose solutions to the problem and really make the current admin. look bad?  Just a suggestion.  I guess this is my biggest issue with the current state of politics/this country.  Everyone complains, but few offer solutions or suggestion as to what would make it better.  They just point out things that have gone wrong.

End rant.... sorry       
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

QuoteI guess this is my biggest issue with the current state of politics/this country.  Everyone complains, but few offer solutions or suggestion as to what would make it better.  They just point out things that have gone wrong.
A solution would mean action, and taking action(s) could cost votes.  It is why the dems in the house/senate take a vote on the stance of the war, but WON'T EVER CUT the funds for the war.  It could end their career, which is really sad imo.  Politicans have no spine.   :| 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

OctopusRider

Quote from: antelope19 on February 26, 2007, 02:44:47 PM
Instead of wasting my time, talking about how bitter you are (5 years later) about the election, why don't you propose solutions to the problem and really make the current admin. look bad?

I think both of those issues were covered nicely in the film. Let's not forget that it was only a film. I think the documentary was targeting the general public as an eye opener to create awareness and involvement, more so than a film about blame and solution. It presented several ways for us to do our part, find out more info and spread the word.

phil

Quote from: phan003 on February 26, 2007, 02:56:22 PM
It is why the dems in the house/senate take a vote on the stance of the war, but WON'T EVER CUT the funds for the war.  It could end their career, which is really sad imo.  Politicans have no spine.   :| 

:clap:
if the people in power (both dems and republicans) saw the system as anything other than a way for them to get rich, then their personal careers wouldn't even matter. the idea behind holding public office is that you care more about the good of the public than your own good. the system's shitty and until it changes, the earth is going to keep heating up while democrats and republicans bitch at each other over stupid shit all day long.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?