News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upgraded forums - please report anything weird!

Started by tet, March 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

probably a bug.  most likely it can be fixed.  nobody is butthurt.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

guyforget

what would your preferred behavior for that window be?

im not sure what else it would do when entering a post of x amount of lines, its always going to be bigger than the box youre typing into.... 

maybe im not understanding specifically enough?
-AD_

Shadowmaster

Quote from: guyforget on September 02, 2010, 08:09:50 PM
what would your preferred behavior for that window be?

im not sure what else it would do when entering a post of x amount of lines, its always going to be bigger than the box youre typing into.... 

maybe im not understanding specifically enough?

It scrolls and I cant even see what I am typing then, this is the issue I have with it.

Maybe a forum option to not scroll the post window a boolean value. Shrug.

justjezmund

are you scrolling while you are typing? :|

i dont get it.

position cursor, click outside text box, type away.

unless im missing something.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

ytowndan

Are you saying that it scrolls up and/or down on its own?  If so, I'd say that it's your browser. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

guyforget

ok, i watched the video, didnt realize thats what that link was previously. 

i cant say thats something ive ever seen and i dont know how to reproduce it. 

looks like a windows machine, what browser are you running? 
-AD_

UncleEbinezer

I remember this being an issue for me too (at least I think its the same issue) and it pissed me off.  Not that the forum sucked, because it doesn't, but because it was just a pain.  Someone gave me this tip...

At the bottom of the posting window, in the middle, is a double line thing, well really anywhere along the bottom edge, and you can adjust the window.  Then the auto-scrolling thing you are talking about should go away.  I think you are going to have a big "A-HA" type of moment, thank the Lord which is me  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard,  and keep on paugin'.

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mopper_smurf

Quote from: guyforget on September 03, 2010, 01:13:34 AM

Scrolling snafu happens with IE8 on Windoze. I know, cause it happened to me too when I 'pauged at  the local library who insist on having that set-up.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 03, 2010, 08:55:24 AM

Scrolling snafu happens with IE8 on Windoze. I know, cause it happened to me too when I 'pauged at  the local library who insist on having that set-up.

I watched that video a few times trying to see what browser is being run and it definitely looked like IE. I used to swear by IE and now I find it very antiquated and clunky. Firefox, dude!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 03, 2010, 08:57:48 AM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 03, 2010, 08:55:24 AM

I watched that video a few times trying to see what browser is being run and it definitely looked like IE. I used to swear by IE and now I find it very antiquated and clunky. Firefox, dude!

I use IE because its easier to manage in my work environment.  It sucks, but oh well.  I can paug on it.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

rowjimmy

FACT: IE blows goats
FACT: MS ignores standards
to push their own techs

IE is for work
Only because I have to
Else Chrome FTW!

tet

we can't be responsible for the poor actions of a non-standards-compliant browser such as IE. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mopper_smurf

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 03, 2010, 09:29:44 AM
FACT: IE blows goats
FACT: MS ignores standards
to push their own techs

IE is for work
Only because I have to
Else Chrome FTW!

I'd like to push an MS tech. Off a cliff preferably. Yes, I'm pauging from the local libary again.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

whyweigh5.0

how come for the past couple months when I click on "show unread posts since last visit" at the top it always tells me that there are none.  Then I have to click the "show all unread topics" link on that page to see them

does this happen to everyone else?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/