News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Quote from: anthrax on July 11, 2018, 11:25:14 PM
i remember that chalkdust prelude was in my head for days after that.  until today, i didn't realize they had done it another time before...end of fall tour '94.

Yeah, San Diego I think.  The kid I was with at this 7/11 show was telling me he had seen it before and I didn't believe him lol.

August

Revisited the '99 Great Woods shows.
7-13 is the winner, but 7-12 ain't no bitch!
These would make a great box!

August

mehead

Quote from: August on July 13, 2018, 03:56:05 PM

I remember walking out after the 7/12 show and was pretty disappointed. I've listened back to the entire show maybe twice and still wasn't impressed. Third time a charm?
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

jam>

Quote from: mehead on July 13, 2018, 04:24:33 PM
Quote from: August on July 13, 2018, 03:56:05 PM

I remember walking out after the 7/12 show and was pretty disappointed. I've listened back to the entire show maybe twice and still wasn't impressed. Third time a charm?

There's a nice quiet part in Bowie I was absolutely loving at the time.

Caravan2001

I went to the Tuesday's Gone one, whichever one that one was.  I really liked it.

mehead

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 14, 2018, 02:20:12 AM
I went to the Tuesday's Gone one, whichever one that one was.  I really liked it.

That was the 13th.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VA $l!m

7-15-98. Portland.

Can't believe its been 20 years since my summer 98 trip began.
I drove out from VA mostly with the intention of moving to Portland and with no plans of hopping on tour, but plans changed, and the next month+ i would catch alot of phish and further shows all the way back across the country to Va, up to Maine for the final shows and finally sutmbling out to CO by late August.

I always look back at this show as a big soundcheck for the tour.
Laid back west coast crowd, new songs- many 1st time played in the US,  the California jam a sign of of covers to come for the rest of tour (-did Trey think they were in CA?)... and really its was not until the nice HEavy Metal Wilson encore that they seemed to finally get goin. Perfect warm up for the Gorge double dip to follow.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

joeldiesel

7/17/93 - Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA.  My second show.  Has it really been 25 years?!? That was probably the last time (if not the only) where outside booze was allowed into a Phish show.  I vividly remember seeing two linebacker-sized dudes carrying in a massive Gott cooler with probably five cases of beer in it.   Wolf Trap had no idea what hit them!  The show was pretty good too, with early versions of Sample & 2001, one of three Leprechauns, Weekapaug without the bass intro, and Faht with everyone in the place making all kinds of jungle noise.  Some big jam songs in there too.  Memories!

emay

Ah man I miss going to wolftrap. The BYOB policy is great.

Buffalo Budd

That Wolf Trap show is a doozie.

19 years since this heater (in every sense of the word)...

07/17/1999 (Sat) Oswego County Airport - Volney, NY
Set 1: Tube, Boogie on Reggae Woman, Birds of a Feather, Guelah Papyrus, My Sweet One, Roggae, Tweezer > Have Mercy*, Taste, Character Zero
Set 2: Funky Bitch**, On My Knees**, On My Knees Reprise***, Down With Disease, Wolfman's Brother > Sneaking Sally Through the Alley > Timber, You Enjoy Myself
E: The Squirming Coil, Tweezer Reprise

* - With Trey on keys.
** - With Son Seals.
*** - Blues jam played as Son Seals left the stage.

Giant marshmallows FTW!!!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

Quote from: joeldiesel on July 17, 2018, 12:51:35 PM
7/17/93 - Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA.  My second show.  Has it really been 25 years?!? That was probably the last time (if not the only) where outside booze was allowed into a Phish show.  I vividly remember seeing two linebacker-sized dudes carrying in a massive Gott cooler with probably five cases of beer in it.   Wolf Trap had no idea what hit them!  The show was pretty good too, with early versions of Sample & 2001, one of three Leprechauns, Weekapaug without the bass intro, and Faht with everyone in the place making all kinds of jungle noise.  Some big jam songs in there too.  Memories!
MY first show.
and only  10 min drive from my house at the time.

being able to bring in coolers was def the highlight, lol.
I vividly remember being 'elected' by my group of friends to carry the cooler in b/c i was 19 and and most of them were 17ish. good times.

also, Gorge 98,
always loved both nights of this run.
one of the few times i slept overnight in a lot and made a point of overconsuming ganja food and pharmies til i blacked face down in the grass not making it back to my car.
best memory of day 2 is still hanging out with MIKE in someone's camper and talking to him about the new songs they played @ Portland & nite 1 gorge . - and asking him what the funky song was named he told me "the moment ends".

VA $l!m

ps, holy shit just went to grab a link to post of Trey's funky dance section from gorge 98 and w00t new upgrade!! check it out! timestamp for funky trey too, its around 53:10

VA $l!m

7-20-98 Ventura.

-Can't really express how much i love this show.
One of my all time fav concert experiences.

VA $l!m