News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What has been the best year of 3.0 thus far?

Started by Undermind, January 06, 2012, 11:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RabeldyNugs

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 06, 2012, 11:35:00 AM
Back when there was still hope and an excuse for the rust... 2009

Aint that the sad truth.  I only saw Hampton in '09 so I was happy and there was just so much hope that is gone even some sick jamming in 2011, so 2011 got my vote
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

DoW

Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

McGrupp

Different reasons for liking each. Honestly I would break it down by tour, instead of year.

Summer 09 had the jamz.
Fall 09 had some magic in the air. I thought phish was ascending...
Summer '10 kinda sucked, but had some gems.
Fall '10 had some of the better shows of 3.0 imo, but wasn't a super strong "tour".
Summer '11 was okay. Leg II was def better than leg I.

To date, I'd say my favorite shows attended (for personal reasons, of course) are Camden 09 and Atlantic City night 2. NYE '10 was amazing for me as well.

But what do I know, I'm just a 3.0 kid.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mistercharlie

I'd say 2008 was the best year for 3.0. We all had such high hopes for the greatness to come when our favorite band reunited after a five year hiatus. None of us had heard the whale call, a horse force was unheard of, and TTE was a nightmare not yet dreamt.

Those were the days...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sMILEy

I said 2011, only because when i (rarely) listen to 3.0 its 2011 shows..

WhatstheUse?

I think the worst shows in 2011 are much better than the worst shows of 2009.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

I voted 2010 just to skew the results. 

They are all pretty much the same to me, summer 09 started out rough but by the time fall tour rolled around they had gotten much better and the NYE Miami runs stands tall as some of the best of 3.0.  Summer 2010 leg I was awful, but again leg II has some 3.0 highlights.  2011 is kind of a mediocre blur with a few standouts like Bethel III, UIC, Detroit DWD, Gorge RnR and maybe a couple others I am forgetting. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

I went 2011. To me, there was more consistent "good" playing this year than in 2009 and the highs were much more memorable. I think some of the frustration with this year is that we've had a couple of tours to expect some development and it just doesn't seem to be there. But there have been more flashes of it this year than any other IMO.

On a personal level, Camden '09 was definitely my favorite 3.0 show and Camden this summer was unquestionably the least enjoyable show I've ever attended. But, overall I'll probably get more play from this year's highlights than in previous years. And it's all about the highlights; I can't see myself listening to more than a handful of 3.0 shows all the way through.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

kellerb

Lifeboy

I voted '09. I felt like there were more jams, although Trey wasn't playing all that well, and Fish started the year off in suck mode.

I hit more shows in '09 than the past two years, so that may be why I went with it. As the band continued to not get better, I hit started hitting fewer shows.

and like MBW said, I had high hopes then. That summer was the most fun I've had in my entire life. And the Miami run rocked. Fest 8 was fun too.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

sls.stormyrider

hmm..
2010, because of the Greek (which I didn't go to) and Manchester (which I did).  The whale was pretty much gone by that time, iirc
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on January 06, 2012, 05:24:54 PM
I'm not a fan of 2010 Diseases

And here I thought you loved 2010 Diseases, I mean they floor you...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Augustus

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 06, 2012, 06:34:10 PM
Quote from: kellerb on January 06, 2012, 05:24:54 PM
I'm not a fan of 2010 Diseases

And here I thought you loved 2010 Diseases, I mean they floor you...

Yeah, but you had to be there for that one.