News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Big Lebowski Thread

Started by MiamiPhish, September 19, 2008, 09:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

kellerb

Quote from: kellerb on July 12, 2011, 09:42:38 PM
Quote from: westcider on July 12, 2011, 09:17:38 PM
Smokey's bluegrass band, The Wronglers, came through town a couple weeks ago.  My buddy John got his picture taken...

I've heard smokey has a cover of Ripple on an album somewhere but I haven't tracked it down yet.

<edit> Thanks, What!

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on July 12, 2011, 09:42:38 PM
Smokey's bluegrass band, The Wronglers, came through town a couple weeks ago.  My buddy John got his picture taken...

I've heard smokey has a cover of Ripple on an album somewhere but I haven't tracked it down yet.

It's on his album One Endless Night.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

He's alocal hero down here in Austin, though I don't think he even lives here anymore.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

natronzero

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 12, 2011, 10:05:00 PM
He's alocal hero down here in Austin, though I don't think he even lives here anymore.

He still lives here.
Btw, frankly more 'paugers should be familiar with JDG for the fact that he wrote My Mind's Got A Mind Of Its Own.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

MiamiPhish

I got a chance to see him (and exchange a friendly nod) at a tiny bluegrass festival about three weeks ago in Westcliffe, CO.  (Hay Mountain Fever BG Festival)

Seemed to be a super down-to-earth nice guy.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 12, 2011, 06:54:55 PM
Quote from: kellerb on July 12, 2011, 06:45:45 PM
why have I never seen the fisher king
There is no good excuse as to why you haven't seen it. It's got Jeff Bridges and Robin Williams and was directed by Terry Gilliam. And it lifts themes from Don Quixote, what more could you want?

The Fisher King is actually a part of the Grail Legend and cited in Eliot's The Wasteland.
Fascinating stuff that you do not need to know anything about to enjoy the movie.

whyweigh5.0

anyone else hear about that Big Lebowski cast reunion in NYC coming up soon?  To celebrate the Blu-Ray release
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

qop24

Quote from: whyweigh5.0 on August 10, 2011, 09:11:33 AM
anyone else hear about that Big Lebowski cast reunion in NYC coming up soon?  To celebrate the Blu-Ray release

http://www.lebowskifest.com/UpcomingFests/LebowskiFestNYAug1516/tabid/233/Default.aspx

Looks like part of it is going to be on a live stream too
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

shoreline99

www.dudeism.com

I am officially an ordained Dudeist priest.

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

natronzero

In DC for the CBC, saw this today around the corner from where we're staying

mistercharlie

BUMP

Just so that everybody knows. You can rent The Jesus Rolls on Amazon Prime right now for $7.

$7 & a 7 year bump... a coincidence? I think not!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay