News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/04 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by runawayjimbo, September 05, 2011, 01:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

I certainly hope Guy Forget is not an omen of things to end again........

kind of interesting it only gets played in ONE very small sector of the country.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

guyforget

Quote from: sophist on September 07, 2011, 09:54:57 AM
Quote from: bvaz on September 07, 2011, 08:02:50 AM
Quote from: Undermind on September 07, 2011, 07:51:37 AM
seems like the overall hate has dissipated
I just haven't listened to the shows yet  :wink:

im sure i can find something to nitpick when i go back and listen again, but the bottom line is that i havent yet left 3 consecutive 3.0 shows w/ so little to complain about.
-AD_

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

guyforget

Quote from: Hicks on September 07, 2011, 01:35:45 PM
Come Together was fairly awful.

Better?    :-D

trey really seemed torn....  the crowd was singing; almost egging him on, but he knew he didnt know the song. 
-AD_

Hicks

Quote from: guyforget on September 07, 2011, 01:55:28 PM
Quote from: Hicks on September 07, 2011, 01:35:45 PM
Come Together was fairly awful.

Better?    :-D

trey really seemed torn....  the crowd was singing; almost egging him on, but he knew he didnt know the song.

I'm sure it was fun in person, but on tape it's fairly embarrassing.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

guyforget

fun, sure, but also the low point of the show.  thankfully he finished it up and started twist instead of following the 3.0 formula of having a 3rd song slowdown in the 2nd set. 
-AD_

G. Augusto

Serious yikes on that Come Together.
Nothing from the run was AWESOME.
Choo.

Caravan2001

Well, I don;t think any of us would have been able to play Come Together at all without having ever practiced it...At least they went with it when the riff popped up spontaneously and took a chance...that said, it is pretty cringe worthy but at least they took the risk and at least they did not beat it into the ground.....

G. Augusto

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM
Well, I don;t think any of us would have been able to play Come Together at all without having ever practiced it...At least they went with it when the riff popped up spontaneously and took a chance...that said, it is pretty cringe worthy but at least they took the risk and at least they did not beat it into the ground.....

I thought they could have stopped it after the chord drop in the first verse and it wouldn't have been as bad.

Hicks

Ha, well nobody is paying me five figures to walk out on stage every night either. . . 

G. Augusto

Quote from: Hicks on September 07, 2011, 07:53:48 PM

Ha, well nobody is paying me five figures to walk out on stage every night either. . .

Harsh, bro.
Cut the band some slack...they're only professionals.

emay

Quote from: G. Augusto on September 07, 2011, 07:56:00 PM
Quote from: Hicks on September 07, 2011, 07:53:48 PM

Harsh, bro.
Cut the band some slack...they're only professionals.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

WhatstheUse?

I'm with Caravan.  I love seeing Phish take risks and this was no different -- spontaneity like that is why I see phish
Bring in the dude!

G. Augusto

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 07, 2011, 08:47:38 PM
I'm with Caravan.  I love seeing Phish take risks and this was no different -- spontaneity like that is why I see phish

I love seeing Phish take risks, too.
And succeeding.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.