News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey's Fall Tour

Started by PhishJY, October 08, 2006, 05:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ma215

Cant wait until tomorrow night in Philly. i have seen nothing but positive reviews (for the most part) which is a very god sign.  I thought 70 volts was pretty good, and if this is better, I know I will have a good night.

gainesvillegreen

Pure orchestration?  Trey is a tease  :-D

westcider

i love the reviewer's use of the word 'titration'

mattstick

10/11/06 Electric Factory

by Brad Sands
Philadelphia, PA October 11, 2006 08:06 PM

Set One:

* Gotta Jibboo
    * Goobye Head
    * Push On 'Til The Day
    * Night Speaks To A Woman
    * Shine
    * Spin

Set Two:

* What's Done
    * Mud City
    * Come As Melody
    * Plasma
    * 46 Days* >
    * Twist*

Key:
*with Mike Gordon on bass.

gainesvillegreen

Cool Twist inclusion.  Thanks Matt.  So, the strings were just a NY thing?

I was left as I always am hearing an '05-'06 Trey show after hearing 10/8/06, but the Divided Sky with Strings.....well, it was something special. 

EDIT: I am going to edit this just to say that hearing the Divided Sky with strings really gives you a window into why Trey is a special talent.  It doesn't have anything to do with his guitar playing abilities, but rather, in the way he sees the big picture.
The other songs with strings weren't as "grand", but one's mouth waters with what he could do with this type of set up. 

Anyways...too much Fat Tire  :wink:

August

reported encore....

Encore:

Dual Bass Jam * gordo and tony hall ~ very enjoyable...challenging each other with fat bass licks......this eventually segues into
~> rotation jam....trey emerges at Ray's keyboard.....sipe pops up behind the drum set......madness ensues....then after a bit gordo puts down the bass and walks over and picks up Treys Languedoc and the jam takes off from there to another pattern, slightly more bluesy.....gordo suprises me here...i think he's been practicing guitar ! very fluid solo...... place is going nuts.....evenutally he places the guitar back down...ray comes up takes over the keys....jam continues....mike over to his bass again...trey guitar and only one place this jam can segue into.....FIRST TUBE BABY !!!!! wow what a nite.

a

ma215

Out of the 30 or so Trey shows I have seen, last night is in the top 2 or 3. Trey was on the whole night and his band sounds better then ever. Push On, Night Speaks, Spin and Mud City all raged. Hartswick made Night Speaks and she had the E-factory going insane during her solo in the song.  Even w/o Gordon the show would have been stellar but when he came out it made it all the better. I just wish I was seeing him some more this tour. After reading all the anti-Trey postings on some other sites it was great to see the energy him and his band brought to the stage last night.  All the music sounded fresh and he had the place rocking all night long.

mattstick

I'm so bored with Mike Gordon appearances at Trey shows - it's a total cliche at this point.

August

i just realized that Sweet Dreams Melinda and Drifting are the same song.
a

mattstick

Especially if you listen to the old lyrics of Sweet Dreams Melinda.

August

i just realized that Trey only has two songs.
the ones in a major key and the ones in a minor key.
i am blowing my mind today!
a

rowjimmy

Wait until the day you realize that he's been playing all his songs with the same 12 notes for all of these years.

flow00

Has anyone listened to Trey at Webster Hall yet? The Divided Sky is fantastic. I like this line up, especially with the female presense. And as Trey was introducing the band, he announced that Fishman was spending his time milking a cow.  :lol:

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 12, 2006, 09:51:26 PM
Wait until the day you realize that he's been playing all his songs with the same 12 notes for all of these years.
:lol:

if you changed it to 7 notes, it would be MOE, 5 notes cheese
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

ma215

Quote from: mattstick on October 12, 2006, 04:55:53 PM

I'm so bored with Mike Gordon appearances at Trey shows - it's a total cliche at this point.

I think your kidding yourself. Each time Gordon comes out w/ Trey is exciting.  Weds show was great by itself and when Gordon came out it reached another level.  Who would have thought they would have busted out Twist?  The First Tube was pretty sick too, esp. the jam beforehand.  I'll never be disappointed to see any of the boys come out on stage w/ Trey or vice versa.