News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/13 - Hersheypark Stadium - Hershey, PA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Max Power, June 13, 2010, 11:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did Phish melt chocolate faces?

Yes
8 (25.8%)
no
7 (22.6%)
I couldn't tell you, my face melted off during the show
6 (19.4%)
Tromboner
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

justjezmund

just got home.  Met up with bunch of folks (PG,WTU,AUG,TUNA,HOOD,LOPE,Metalzone,MarMar) and thanks to hood i got more drinkky than i was planning but thats cool.  Got Iced and that was being chased for a bit as well as funky bitch was. as far as the rest i really need to listen again.   Cant wait to hit the sack.   :tte:  later
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

DI

McGrupp

After 3 shows it's official,

Mike is crushing faces. He's actually kinda blowing me away.

Fishman is sounding real good too. Leaps and bounds over 09.

:police: :clap:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Superfreakie

Quote from: McGrupp on June 14, 2010, 01:29:59 AM
Fishman is sounding real good too. Leaps and bounds over 09.

100%. I said it before, he of anyone came back expecting his chops to be there and they weren't. Plain and simple, he did not practice enough and overestimated his ability and capacity. And it was glaringly obvious. Funny, throughout the opening DWD at Toyota, he was a little fast, which he never was last year, especially considering that he couldn't come out of the simplest fills without finding himself behind the beat. This year in Chicago, it seemed like he was so excited to show off his chops that he went a little nuts during the DWD and found himself a little off, but not for a lack of chops. Thank God he sat down and worked things out in the "off-season". Still has a ways to go though.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

disco

went for the drowned>tweezer>twist to start
man...this sounds and feels really good. The creativity throughout is awesome to hear. The drowned is not (imho) as nice as the tweezer and twist, really tight phish. I am pleased and looking forward to my turn  :phish: :rawk:
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

danje

I'm just getting back home. I thought it was pretty weak. They weren't really on.

danje

But it was really awesome. Just wouldn't go saying best set of 3.0 by any means.

Superfreakie

You're going to have to explain yourself here, as you have two statements that seem to contradict each other.

Quote from: danje on June 14, 2010, 03:41:21 AM
I'm just getting back home. I thought it was pretty weak. They weren't really on.
vs.

Quote from: danje on June 14, 2010, 03:42:02 AM
But it was really awesome.

what????
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

danje

Quote from: Superfreakie on June 14, 2010, 04:00:37 AM
You're going to have to explain yourself here, as you have two statements that seem to contradict each other.

Quote from: danje on June 14, 2010, 03:41:21 AM
vs.

Quote from: danje on June 14, 2010, 03:42:02 AM
But it was really awesome.

what????

Well the first statement is how I feel, but after I read it I didn't mean to sound like I didn't have any fun, which I did. It was blast.

I just thought Trey was trying too hard all night. It seemed like he tried to do the same peak in every jam all night and failed every time, except for the YEM vocal jam.

The vocal jam was musically the strongest point of the night and they need to figure out how to do it on their instruments.

Sorry for hating.

thatfargone

Eh, I was there and have to listen first before commenting further.  I had a fucking blast!  That is all I am sure of at this point.  However I tend to agree with danje, well the lackluster side of it. :wink:

Weird scene.  1/2 capacity???
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

ytowndan

Quote from: danje on June 14, 2010, 04:16:44 AM
The vocal jam was musically the strongest point of the night

It's good to see such a ringing endorsement from someone in attendance!   :-P
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

Lifeboy

Kinda just skimmed through this 2nd set, and I gotta say that this YEM is the fucking tits!!

Twist was pretty dope, too.

Gonna give it another spin tomorrow....
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Superfreakie

Quote from: danje on June 14, 2010, 04:16:44 AM
Sorry for hating.

You paid for a ticket, so you obviously have an opinion. As such, it's not hate, it's criticism and I am sure it has some validity.