News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/20 - SPAC - Saratoga, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, June 20, 2010, 11:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

i like the look of this one on paper

mike-o-esquandolas = even trey knows cactus is owning shit every night

ive enjoyed roggae and antelope so far
-AD_

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Alumni

Someone didn't set up a spoof site, did they? Did he really think last night's show was standard fare? And it took him until last night to realize that Phish is playing song-oriented sets these day?

Cause I got a degree

mistercharlie

Quote from: Livephish.comAll of the Phish children climbed into a tub on stage one by one during Brother.

Is this gonna happen every time they play Brother now? It this the new Trampoline segment?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 21, 2010, 09:07:25 AM
Quote from: Livephish.comAll of the Phish children climbed into a tub on stage one by one during Brother.

Is this gonna happen every time they play Brother now? It this the new Trampoline segment?

It's just a Father's Day gag.

justjezmund

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 21, 2010, 12:36:02 AM
You try writing a decent review with parts of you brain still left at the venue!!!
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

youve been sig'd
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: guyforget on June 21, 2010, 03:40:06 AM
cactus is owning shit every night

jibbo sounds great.

carini is.. well, its' carini and it's awesome.

can't wait to hear the rest of last night...

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 21, 2010, 09:09:21 AM

right, same happened at alpine last year... pretty cool thing to do with their kids tho...
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 21, 2010, 09:09:21 AM

I guess Alpine last year did happen on Father's Day also. I hadn't connected those dots yet.  :|

I call Brother to open the show on Father's Day 2011.  :evil:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

I'm pretty much going to delete Hershey from my hard drives. The best parts of that show are completely out-done on this one.

Really enjoying listening to this.

Marmar

Ok folks...still half alive from the intense fire I ingested so my mind is foggy....Great meetin up with Gumbo (and thanks for the Pav!)

From the opening notes of Brother the place was en fuego.....Bag was siiiiiick.....GBOTT was ok, a lil long for my taste.....Undermind = meh, but it was decent....Cities saw the durrrrty funk.....Jiboo was weird with Mike on 2nd axe, didn't really make for it to go anywhere but the groove was solid.....Roggae was beautifully executed....Meh and Meh followed....Antelope was decent, felt a tad short, but Trey was actually PLAYING......

Set 1 is strong....and it prepared us for:

Carini!!!!! Rocked the house.....Mango was BEAUTIFUL.....Wilson is Wilson.....Drowned (again? wtf) but it was MUCH better than the Hershey version.....Swept Away > Steep was a nice breather, and pretty as well.....Makisupa was off the hook! Doin the old skool rasta wordplay that ended with Dr. House....Classic.....Piper was interesting. Definitely gotta relisten to that one.....2001 was NAILED....and funky.....then YEM....the YEM was groovy.

Guess what kids......very minimal WC's and Trey was PLAYING.....it was so nice to see that nights like this can still happen.....there was a confidence in his playing that should come across very nicely on tape.....that missing ingrediant I do believe.....this show, IMHO is a definiate turning point in 3.0

Good stuff.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

Just finished this show.

It's way fun and there is some good playing.

There's a lot of win in this show so I'm just gonna harp on the low points:

Cities is a mess. Trey fucks it up left and right and not until they settle into the groove on the end is it listenable.

Wilson. Actually, Wilson is fine but it's surrounded by such a great set that it sticks out like a sore thumb. And what the hell is with the "Dixie" lick at the end?

Yeah.. That's it. Nice jams & nice song selection.

SPAC2 FTW

Superfreakie

Quote from: Marmar on June 21, 2010, 09:55:46 AM
Ok folks...still half alive from the intense fire I ingested so my mind is foggy....Great meetin up with Gumbo (and thanks for the Pav!)

From the opening notes of Brother the place was en fuego.....Bag was siiiiiick.....GBOTT was ok, a lil long for my taste.....Undermind = meh, but it was decent....Cities saw the durrrrty funk.....Jiboo was weird with Mike on 2nd axe, didn't really make for it to go anywhere but the groove was solid.....Roggae was beautifully executed....Meh and Meh followed....Antelope was decent, felt a tad short, but Trey was actually PLAYING......

Set 1 is strong....and it prepared us for:

Carini!!!!! Rocked the house.....Mango was BEAUTIFUL.....Wilson is Wilson.....Drowned (again? wtf) but it was MUCH better than the Hershey version.....Swept Away > Steep was a nice breather, and pretty as well.....Makisupa was off the hook! Doin the old skool rasta wordplay that ended with Dr. House....Classic.....Piper was interesting. Definitely gotta relisten to that one.....2001 was NAILED....and funky.....then YEM....the YEM was groovy.

Guess what kids......very minimal WC's and Trey was PLAYING.....it was so nice to see that nights like this can still happen.....there was a confidence in his playing that should come across very nicely on tape.....that missing ingrediant I do believe.....this show, IMHO is a definiate turning point in 3.0

Good stuff.

total fluffer right there.  :roll:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

whyweigh5.0

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 21, 2010, 09:48:14 AM
I'm pretty much going to delete Hershey from my hard drives. The best parts of that show are completely out-done on this one.

Really enjoying listening to this.

wait...

people delete things?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.