News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Considering a new phone/help with email set up?

Started by antelope19, September 24, 2008, 02:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Do any of you know of a place that I could go for help in setting up my phone to send/recieve my work email?  I am currently using MS Outlook.  Is this something that is going to be overly difficult?  I went and talked to the guy at Verizon and he said the phone I have in mind has the capabilty of doing this.  I'd like to do this myself if possible, but if it's going to be complicated, I may as well just have the store do it. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

It's not terribly difficult but there is no way that I would recommend you allow a Verizon store employee access to your company email account information.
The IT guy in your office should be able to help. It's basically the same as configuring Outlook at your house.

antelope19

:lol:

Our company is 3 people.  I am the "IT" guy for the business.  I had a friend who is "in the know" about that kinda stuff set up our Outlook, so I may just have to get him in here again to take a look at it.  I was more wondering if there is a website or reference guide or something that could walk me through the steps.  And yes RJ, you hit it on the head.  I would prefer to not allow some VZ guy access to our email.

Thanks for the response though. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment