News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1/17/2016 Barcelo Maya Beach Resort, Riviera Maya, MX - Post-Show Discussion

Started by mistercharlie, January 18, 2016, 05:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: cactusfan on January 20, 2016, 01:43:07 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 19, 2016, 09:48:44 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on January 19, 2016, 05:27:55 PM
you're all high... or maybe your ears are full of sand. this is a mess of a slopfest of a show. i guess Disease and Crosseyed are jams, but they're hampered by sucking. and the Ocean...yikes.

What planet are you from? Jesus.

the planet of people who didn't have the pleasure of being in mexico and are listening to an epically sloppy slow at home.

I guess I'm an alien, kinda makes sense now that I think about it.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Nedstruzz

Epic day and night shot. I'm third from the right with my wife and our crew.

sophist

preface:  I haven't listened to any of this run

If it counts for anything, when Panic did this the first time, there was the same divisive divide between the listener at home, and what happened there.  For the fanbase, it took a few of these (especially wedged into a full tour) to really let the context evenly set in and it not become this personalized debate where critiquing the music wasn't akin to taking a stanley steamer on the attendee's mother. 

I couldn't fathom it with Panic, and now with Phish I am sure it must have been just as surreal.  Some of my favorite memories from a decade ago involve copious amounts of psychedelics on a beach with Phish as the main supplier of musical accompaniment. 

If the stars ever aligned for me and they ended up playing another 8/15/09, I'd probably swear it was the greatest thing I had ever seen too.  Again, I haven't heard the show, it's just to say.  It's a band like Phish, on a mother fucking beach.  Conceptually, this is like trying to pull off anal sex on DMT.  I can't wrap my head around it (maybe SF can provide instruction on that). 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

kellerb

Quote from: sophist on January 20, 2016, 04:02:24 PM

If it counts for anything, when Panic did this the first time, there was the same divisive divide between the listener at home, and what happened there.  For the fanbase, it took a few of these (especially wedged into a full tour) to really let the context evenly set in and it not become this personalized debate where critiquing the music wasn't akin to taking a stanley steamer on the attendee's mother. 

I couldn't fathom it with Panic, and now with Phish I am sure it must have been just as surreal.  Some of my favorite memories from a decade ago involve copious amounts of psychedelics on a beach with Phish as the main supplier of musical accompaniment. 

If the stars ever aligned for me and they ended up playing another 8/15/09, I'd probably swear it was the greatest thing I had ever seen too.  Again, I haven't heard the show, it's just to say.  It's a band like Phish, on a mother fucking beach.  Conceptually, this is like trying to pull off anal sex on DMT.  I can't wrap my head around it (maybe SF can provide instruction on that).

Yeah, you're not supposed to wrap your head around it.  It's the other way around.  Hope this helps.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

anthrax

anthrax

rowjimmy

I sat and listened to this second set last night.
I loved it.

Sure Trey doesn't hit the marks in Mike's Song but the set has flow and is pleasant.

August

mattstick

Sometimes Trey gets into this groove in Mike's Song where all he does is aggressively hit chords... and like not interesting chords either, just comping the rhythm.  The MSG one was very guilty of this, Mexico not so much.

rowjimmy

Past two versions of Mike's Song have been disappointing.
Oh well.

sophist

Quote from: kellerb on January 20, 2016, 04:47:26 PM
Quote from: sophist on January 20, 2016, 04:02:24 PM

Yeah, you're not supposed to wrap your head around it.  It's the other way around.  Hope this helps.
This explains why I never get referrals
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Nedstruzz on January 20, 2016, 11:03:42 AM

Hey, I saw you guys! We were down by that lifeguard stand in the background that day. Was someone in your group selling those trunks? My boy bought a pair on day 1 or 2.

I was asking every chick I saw in a Fishman bikini if they knew Ned for the first couple of days but I gave up after a while. But thanks for giving me an excuse to talk to so many ladies. "Sorry, honey, I didn't WANT to talk to all those chicks in bikinis! I was just trying to find a guy I know from the Interwebz!"
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

birdman

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 21, 2016, 03:24:25 PM
Quote from: Nedstruzz on January 20, 2016, 11:03:42 AM

Hey, I saw you guys! We were down by that lifeguard stand in the background that day. Was someone in your group selling those trunks? My boy bought a pair on day 1 or 2.

I was asking every chick I saw in a Fishman bikini if they knew Ned for the first couple of days but I gave up after a while. But thanks for giving me an excuse to talk to so many ladies. "Sorry, honey, I didn't WANT to talk to all those chicks in bikinis! I was just trying to find a guy I know from the Interwebz!"
I like your style  :sbw:
Paug FTMFW!