News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-10-30 - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, NV

Started by ytowndan, October 31, 2016, 02:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

PHISH, SUNDAY 10/30/2016
MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA
Las Vegas , NV

SET 1: The Dogs, Ghost, Funky Bitch, Chalk Dust Torture, Army of One, Heavy Things, How Many People Are You, Stash, Theme From the Bottom > Suzy Greenberg

SET 2: Down with Disease -> Birds of a Feather[1], Fuego[2], Miss You, Harry Hood -> Have Mercy -> Harry Hood > A Day in the Life

ENCORE: Character Zero

[1] "The Birds" quote by Page.
[2] "Birds of a Feather" tease by Trey.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Hicks

Page solo in Heavy Things?  That's not normal, right. 

I called Hood after Miss You before they started it.  I did not, however, anticipate Have Mercy. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

Have Mercy. That is all. Also, see me in the dizzunk thread
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

antelope19

Quote from: Hicks on October 31, 2016, 04:44:07 AM

I called Hood after Miss You before they started it.  I did not, however, anticipate Have Mercy.

They did the Page solo during Heavy Things in Charleston too
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

Wish Have Mercy had been a bit more reggae-grooved, and tbh it still makes me mad Trey stopped playing it on 7/15/00 whenever I hear it... but was that a new verse?  Not sure I'd heard that one before?

"Time is running out
We need no woman not to cry no child
Help us
who's going to love us
and guide us
we pray jah man"

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on October 31, 2016, 07:56:50 AM

Wish Have Mercy had been a bit more reggae-grooved, and tbh it still makes me mad Trey stopped playing it on 7/15/00 whenever I hear it... but was that a new verse?  Not sure I'd heard that one before?

"Time is running out
We need no woman not to cry no child
Help us
who's going to love us
and guide us
we pray jah man"

It's not a verse in the OG.  Maybe from a live version or something.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Hicks on October 31, 2016, 04:44:07 AM

Page solos in Heavy Things have been pretty regular afaik for the past few years now.  I remember he did it at SPAC recently-ish.

Dogs opener was awesome, and the Ghost was great.... Fishman even added some flair to the beat by going 5/23/00 with the hi-hat!

this Disease is mighty impressive though... man!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Bobafett

Nice.  Listened to nights 1 &2 at work today.  They are in a great place right meow.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

jam>

westcider

Quote from: mattstick on October 31, 2016, 07:56:50 AM
and tbh it still makes me mad Trey stopped playing it on 7/15/00 whenever I hear it...

I'm still mad about that too!  (though mostly because the phrase I wrote on my setlist pad about it was misinterpreted and cost me a scoring opportunity)

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.