News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The beginning

Started by jephrey, September 01, 2005, 05:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

Ok...  I started 1 page.  Obviously, there's a lot of formatting and other options but I always do best when I get the feel of it by using it.  So...  Go to the wiki and do a search on 1998-04-02 and you'll get the page I made...  Very easy.  I gotta figure out carriage returns and pictures and a many other things but in general, it's a start.  you'll notice that everything is a link on there.  The only one I created any data for is "Tube" go do an edit and look at the code.  For just lists or writing, it's simple.  So go and get yourselves a feel of it.  I think this is pretty simple but that may make it complicated :-D

Let me know what you think so far...

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

not sure how much i like the box style, but i'm sure we'll figure out how to eliminate that.  i havent had much time to read up on the different tags and such.  i know its a lot like html, so i'm guessing it will be pretty easy.

other than that, it looks good.  i don't think we should list it as Island Tour though (and yes, i understand its just a rough)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Well, see the other thread "organization"  I don't like the box style either.  I was just checking it out obviously.

Reason why I listed tour...  I thought it'd be cool to hit the "tour" page and check out the tour at a glance or the year page and check that out at a glance, so I put them in there.  Do you suggest not putting the tour in there or just naming it spring or something?  I'll continue my research!

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

no i like the idea of a tour part.  so yeah, in that case i guess island run counts
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

I like the idea of being able to break it up by tour too.

Phish, after the 80s was def. a tour by tour band. in a good way tho.

jephrey

I wasn't really breaking it up by tour, just providing a link to a page about the tour.  The line

Setlists > 1998 > Island Tour > Show date  is just links, not subdirectories of any kind.  That's what's cool about a wiki.  it's just flat!

Jephrey

rowjimmy

I think the venue notation should be adjusted too.

I'll play with it tonight but for now i'll try to explain.

MCI Center - Washington, DC

should be three links:
MCI Center - lists all shows at that venue, Capacity, seating chart if available, offsite link.
Washington - Lists all shows in that city, and all venues in that city  (ie: The bayou, Lisner Aud. etc)
DC - Lists all cities where the band has appeared in that state

maybe more too.

jephrey

Well, that's just stats...  With just one link, you could have state, city, and venue stats all on one page instead of making a page for each?  Then overseas stuff would be easier too.  I don't mind using the "-" instead of the "," between venue and city.  I've just always done it with commas.  Everyone else coo wit dat?  I mean "usually" the city and venue are the same.  It would limit the number of pages needed.

Jeprhey