News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: The Deer Hunter vs. The Bridge On The River Kwai

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

khalpin

I need to see Bridge on the River Kwai again.  Haven't seen it since high school.

phil

The Deer Hunter popularized russian roulette. How could I not vote for it?
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

rowjimmy

Quote from: phil on May 08, 2012, 08:54:46 AM
The Deer Hunter popularized russian roulette. How could I not vote for it?

Because it is at times more boring than sitting in a dentist office waiting room? Mild tension fails to offset the blandness of the old carpet and sleepy music.

mehead

Maybe I need to watch Deer Hunter again because I've seen it only once and that was years ago but it did not nothing for me. 

Wait, maybe that's why I've only seen it once.

River Kwai
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

cactusfan

i'm going with Bridge.

but i love The Deer Hunter. i don't find it boring at all. plus it has one of my all time favorite lines:

barnesy305

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."