News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/10 - Susquehanna Bank Center - Camden, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Hicks, June 10, 2011, 11:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumodie

sprobeck

Quote from: williaa on June 11, 2011, 02:20:44 AM
Show was very light on the covers too as far as the song selection is concerned.  Opened with a cover, closed with a cover, all phish in the middle.

Interesting that you mention this. I was thinking tonight that one of the things that really distinguishes  :phish: is the strength of their original material. There are plenty of bands around today with great musicians who do great covers but not many approach their level as far as their own songs go.
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: McGrupp on June 11, 2011, 01:52:39 AM
En route to columbia. Great times tonight. Standard camden rage. Can't wait to see what they pull out this weekend.
:phish:

Drive safe, mang.

McGrupp

Quote from: sumodie on June 11, 2011, 02:25:26 AM
my 6th show this tour & id rank it at the bottom w/ bethel 3

Tonight was good. Miles ahead of pnc...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sumodie

wasnt at pnc

top shelf: bethel 1&2

great w/ a unique feel: darien

decent but flawed: great woods

little creativity/terrible flow w/ a few good moments: camden & bethel 3

WhatstheUse?

I totally dug the show tonigt. Curtain w/ jam was gorgeous.

Downtown Philly is a crazy place to wander around at night....
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

shoreline99

Looks good. I'm just a bit surprised that they have limited their song selection so much. 2 show gaps for 'greatest hits' are becoming the norm. Can't wait to give it a listen though...
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

justjezmund

:shakehead:
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 11, 2011, 04:18:22 AM

Downtown Philly is a crazy place to wander around at night....

Lol hope to see ya tonight dood.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mattstick

Igbo

Good setlist. Some highs, some meh. But all in all, fun in Camden.

rowjimmy

runawayjimbo

This was seriously the worst show I've ever seen at Camden. They were out of sync all night and I'm convinced Trey did drugs. Page killed Tube it in as usual and BBFCFM and the Steep jam were pretty cool. But other than that, it was painful IMO. The Sloth literally knocked me to the ground like a punch to the gut.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

zackonthetrain

Quote from: runawayjimbo on June 11, 2011, 10:29:27 AM
This was seriously the worst show I've ever seen at Camden. They were out of sync all night and I'm convinced Trey did drugs. Page killed Tube it in as usual and BBFCFM and the Steep jam were pretty cool. But other than that, it was painful IMO. The Sloth literally knocked me to the ground like a punch to the gut.

I agree that the Sloth was prolly the worst thing ive ever heard...i dont think trey was on drugs, i just think he was trying really hard to play well in NJ. he seemd over-anxious cause the sloth it sounded like he was playing all the notes early like he was getting ahead of himself.

I like that they are trying to venture out in Possum but i thought that was pretty bad too. Loved the Top opener and Tube was sick, and that steep jam got really really cool before it got cut off. I still thought it was a real fun show and had a great time, highs and lows but all around a great time in Camden as always. hope to see ya at MPP tnite!
"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"

McGrupp

Quote from: mattstick on June 11, 2011, 09:16:15 AM
If Mr.Minor didn't like it, what hope do I have?

Just stick to the shows you choose to go to, because any show that mattstick is at is awesome.

Is it true that your shit doesn't stink either?  :wink:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?