News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/03 - DTE Energy Music Theater - Clarkson, MI- Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, June 03, 2011, 11:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

2011-06-03
DTE Energy Music Theater
Clarkson, MI

Set 1: Wolfman's Brother, Funky Bitch, Sample In A Jar, NICU, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Tela, Chalk Dust Torture, The Wedge

Set 2: Happy Birthday Mike, Down With Disease > Fluffhead > David Bowie, Waste, 2001, Cavern

Encore: Good Times, Bad Times

mbw

fauxpaxfauxreal

Sucks to see that the era of concise jamming is over.  I was really looking forward to them focusing more on the playing of songs and less on fans unrepentent demands for "moar jamming dOOds".  I think it sucks that yet another Down With Disease has no ending and that from the looks of things, this set seems to be more 3.0 nostalgia.

Oh well.

Of course, the Down With Disease might actually contain something of interest.  I'm sure they led into the jam firing on all cylinders.  Here's hoping that the jam contains more playful genre bending as opposed to the same ole Page on Clav, trey on wah and fish going all syncopated.

I'm sure this show will get fluffed, because it contains a huge jam dudes, and also they might not have overtly fucked up some of the other songs, and maybe 2001 was  a little more active than usual.

However, like most 3.0, I'm sure this one was fun to be at, and there will be many people who argue that this show is an all time great and a sign of awesomeness to come.

I'd rate it, but it hardly even seems worth it at this point.

gainesvillegreen

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Undermind

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on June 03, 2011, 11:16:33 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 03, 2011, 11:13:18 PM
phish just jammed.

Sweet. Looking forward to checking this out.

Tela: trainwreck or sublime?
Read good things about Tela and Fluffhead.  Couldn't really tell through the sharts.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: Undermind on June 03, 2011, 11:18:45 PM
Quote from: gainesvillegreen on June 03, 2011, 11:16:33 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 03, 2011, 11:13:18 PM
phish just jammed.

Sweet. Looking forward to checking this out.

Tela: trainwreck or sublime?
Read good things about Tela and Fluffhead.  Couldn't really tell through the sharts.

Yeah, stream was tough tonight, gave up after a few persistent interruptions.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mehead on June 03, 2011, 11:32:51 PM
too bad I'm a Fluffhead hater

It's way overplayed and has lost all impact whatsoever.  In 97 it was a "2 or 3 times a tour" type of song.  That made it a surprising treat when it was brought out.  I'm sure like all 3.0 fluffs, it probably has an inspiring closing jam, however, it is more of the same for 3.0.

kellerb

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

aphineday

Looks pretty solid on paper. I'm saving this show for my 20k tomorrow.  :banana:
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

danje

rowjimmy

I'll admit I'm curious.
It looks like Mike decided to throw down for his birthday.
The question is, did Trey keep up?