News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/12 - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD - Post-Show Discussion/Review

Started by rowjimmy, June 12, 2011, 11:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Setlist looks good. Looking forward to giving this Wolfman's > Boogie on a listen and also the Steam. I really like that song.

Also nice to see Halfway to the Moon come back out, but that just makes me wonder... What ever happened to BOABH? I think that is one of my favorite Page originals and I want to see it played more.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

McGrupp

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 13, 2011, 05:49:57 AM
Setlist looks good. Looking forward to giving this Wolfman's > Boogie on a listen and also the Steam. I really like that song.

Also nice to see Halfway to the Moon come back out, but that just makes me wonder... What ever happened to BOABH? I think that is one of my favorite Page originals and I want to see it played more.

I love that tune, too. Saw it at MPP 09 iirc...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mistercharlie

Quote from: McGrupp on June 13, 2011, 05:51:06 AM

It's just such a beautiful song. I listen to the Hampton version all the time.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 13, 2011, 05:52:29 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on June 13, 2011, 05:51:06 AM

It's just such a beautiful song. I listen to the Hampton version all the time.

Interestingly, on Friday, Charlie Dirksen tweeted the following:

https://twitter.com/#!/cdirksen/status/78848579300630529
Quote@pagemcconnell do we have to make 15 signs to remind @treyanastasio how great Halfway to the Moon and Beauty of a Broken Heart are!? #Phish

phil

I really like the looks of that first set, but second set looks weird on paper to say the least. I'll listen before I write anything off.

Encore probably has me the most excited of anything (especially after saturday night when I saw a dude in a "Rally to Restore Sanity" shirt and thought it was a Phish reference :roll:)
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

WhatstheUse?

I dig both Steam and Halfway to the Moon but think they should be a little farther apart in a show.

They are both at around the same tempo and have similar bass/drum grooves.  Good stuff though.
Bring in the dude!

aphineday

Glad people are getting into Steam. I was really hoping it didn't just get overlooked as another "3.0" song. I think it's the best they've done in 3.0 quite possibly.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Alumni

Quote from: williaa on June 13, 2011, 02:32:08 AM
2nd set Alaska's should be taken out back and shot in the face with both barrels.  Other than that, I had a great time.

I don't think there's a lot of difference between sets these days. Let's just take Alaska out back and shoot it, period.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I'm actually with Dirksen on the Page songs. I wouldn't mind getting them if they fit into a set.
Cause I got a degree

Hicks

To me Halfway to the Moon sounds just like BOABH w/ the rocking Trey leads surgically removed.

Which is to say, it kinda sucks, pretty surprised to see it getting love.  I would much rather hear BOABH.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Count me in the Halfway to the Moon haters group.  Would definitely be a bathroom break tune for me.  BOABH is quite a bit better IMO.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sprobeck

When the show started I wasn't sure how it was going to go for me. I was TIRED from the night before. Thought it might be an off night. But it wasn't.  I had a great time. Really dig the new tunes. They gotta keep that up!! Fishman was really rockin' during Alaska!!!
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

rowjimmy

It's bad when you're halfway through set one and decide to skip the rest, isn't it?

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 13, 2011, 01:31:36 PM
It's bad when you're halfway through set one and decide to skip the rest, isn't it?

Out of curiosity, during which song did you decide to call it quits?...(personally, on boogie on right now)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 13, 2011, 01:55:45 PM

Out of curiosity, during which song did you decide to call it quits?...(personally, on boogie on right now)

Gumbo.
Not out of any dislike for Gumbo though; I think i was worn down by yet another Boogie On...

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 13, 2011, 02:12:44 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on June 13, 2011, 01:55:45 PM

Gumbo.
Not out of any dislike for Gumbo though; I think i was worn down by yet another Boogie On...
Make time for a once through on the Gin.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.