News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/02 - Super Ball IX - Watkins Glen, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by bacchist, July 03, 2011, 12:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 04, 2011, 02:24:36 PM
Quote from: birdman on July 04, 2011, 02:15:15 PM
You guys sitting at home are all fucking nuts. Sets 3 and 4 were both wonderful. Keep sitting at home with your thumbs at your ass and the scowls on your face. Hate 3.0 is getting a little repetitive.

Ser. Something is definitely happening and you people are missing it.

the redic posts all weekend were were far more painful than any forced segue.

mattstick

You guys sitting at home are all fucking nuts. Sets 3 and 4 were both wonderful. Keep sitting at home with your thumbs at your ass and the scowls on your face. Hate 3.0 is getting a little repetitive.

I bet if you went through and read the LST threads you'd see that people here got excited about the same things you were really excited about.  But when you take away the atmosphere from the music, the first 4 sets were pretty standard fare.

Buffalo Budd

:clap:
:beers: to birdman. 
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

roggae

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on July 04, 2011, 02:27:47 PM

For real.  What could Phish do to make people like them? Perhaps they don't care.
Clearly it's all awful.

postjack

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on July 04, 2011, 02:27:47 PM

Age of miracles
Age of sound
There is a golden age
Comin round...

The sound of Superball is the sound of the band hitting a new peak. This past weekend was honestly one of the most transcendent of my life.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

mattstick

It's just too bad there's less than 1 complete hour of music worth listening to.

mbw

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mistercharlie

The Golden Age jam is pretty nice, but as others said it peters out too quickly and right as it could take off.

And I think this may be my favorite 3.0 Tweezer. I REALLY like this version. It's right up there with Camden 09's Tweezer.

Still haven't given that Suskind a re-listen, but I intend to.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

LOL @ the haters. Watching you guys talk yourselves in depressing 3.0 hate circles is hilarious. I sure hope you're having fun....
----------------------

Although I wasn't a huge fan of the first two sets of the day, the last two made up for it -- making it my favorite day of the festival.

Set 1:   Wasn't digging it at all.  One of the most dialed in sets I've seen in some time.

Set 2:  Birds, Heavy Things and Antelope were the set highlights for me.  And the fact the Dirty George FINALLY got his first McGrupp!

Set 3:  Yeah, people are going to hate cuz Caspian is in the 2nd slot and (once again) they played a bunch of songs and didn't jam a ton... BUT THERE IS AWESOME STUFF GOING ON!!!! Tweezer and Piper were fantastic.  Some real funky stuff going on there.  Golden Age was grooving, Twist ending was super fun. 

Set 4:  I'm just stunned anyone has anything bad to say about this.  All we've been asking for is jamz and now they give us an hour of pure space improv and people are still hating on it.  Weird.
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 04, 2011, 06:19:26 PM
Set 4:  I'm just stunned anyone has anything bad to say about this.  All we've been asking for is jamz and now they give us an hour of pure space improv and people are still hating on it.  Weird.

ser.  its psychedelic goodness.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on July 04, 2011, 06:23:34 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 04, 2011, 06:19:26 PM

ser.  its psychedelic goodness.

Absolutely.

Also, it was one of the most attentive Phish crowd experiences I've ever had.  There was near complete silence at times.
Bring in the dude!

Undermind

wow I don't come on the paug for a couple days and look what happened.  People actually still like this piece of shit band!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

danje

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.