News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Same, but frustrating nonetheless.

Hicks

Well yeah I'll buy it, but an all analog BB was kinda my holy grail, so very disappointed. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on March 06, 2018, 03:08:10 PM

You just have to accept that Phish doesn't care.

They're not Kevin Shields who meticulously recreated digital crossfades with analog tape so that he could produce an all analog version of Loveless.

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 06, 2018, 03:09:52 PM

They're not Kevin Shields who meticulously recreated digital crossfades with analog tape so that he could produce an all analog version of Loveless.

They don't have to do it themselves though, just give the reel to a Jeffrey Norman type guy, or better yet Jeffrey Norman himself and have it remastered properly. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on March 06, 2018, 03:34:06 PM

They don't have to do it themselves though, just give the reel to a Jeffrey Norman type guy, or better yet Jeffrey Norman himself and have it remastered properly.

Even that would require them caring.

I'd bet that the band's involvement in the reissues went a little something like this:

Management: We should put the albums out on vinyl. People buy vinyl now.
Phish Band Guys: Ok

rowjimmy

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 06, 2018, 03:42:35 PM
Quote from: Hicks on March 06, 2018, 03:34:06 PM

Even that would require them caring.

I'd bet that the band's involvement in the reissues went a little something like this:

Management: We should put the albums out on vinyl. People buy vinyl now.
Phish Band Guys: Ok

I think that's probably pretty close to the truth. 

Still, super weak sauce.  Based on the recording style, studio used, producer, etc, I think if any of their albums should be sourced from tape it should be this one.   :|  I'll still buy and enjoy.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 06, 2018, 03:47:20 PM

Still, super weak sauce.  Based on the recording style, studio used, producer, etc, I think if any of their albums should be sourced from tape it should be this one.   :|  I'll still buy and enjoy.

Yup, I can almost hear the Free intro now.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

It looks like Billy Breathes is just a 'RSD First' Release. So if the little foil stamped number doesn't mean much to you, it will be readily available at a later date.

After looking over the list I may just stroll into my shop in the middle of the day and see if they have the Blitzen Trapper and I'll be fine.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 06, 2018, 04:23:11 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 06, 2018, 03:47:20 PM

Yup, I can almost hear the Free intro now.

You mean the intro Lillywhite decided was superfluous and chopped right off the song. GRRRRRRR!!! Still pisses me off.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

barnesy305

Live Dead, live Living Colour, live Iggy Pop, live Rage, live SunRa, live Wilco. Nice trend.

antelope19

This fuckin guy....Thanks captain obvious.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mopper_smurf

Quote from: barnesy305 on March 06, 2018, 08:20:57 PM
Live Dead, live Living Colour, live Iggy Pop, live Rage, live SunRa, live Wilco. Nice trend.

Live Rory! RSD want list sorted. And I'll will have to have the two Jimi 7".

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

susep

Live At The Atlanta Pop Festival, July 3 & 5, 1970   The Allman Brothers Band   Legacy   4 x LP   'RSD First'    3000

Music To Driveby    Compton's Most Wanted   Get On Down    LP   RSD Limited Run / Regional Focus    1000

Black Sunday Remixes   Cypress Hill   Legacy   12" Vinyl   RSD Exclusive    2500

Hudson   Jack DeJohnette, Larry Grenadier, John Medeski, John Scofield   Motema Music    2 x LP   'RSD First'    1000

Run For The Roses   Jerry Garcia   ATO/Round Records    LP   'RSD First'

Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA 2/27/69   Grateful Dead   Rhino/Grateful Dead Productions   4 x LP   RSD Exclusive    6700

Billy Breathes   Phish   JEMP   2 x LP   'RSD First'    7500

Piper At The Gates of Dawn (Mono)    Pink Floyd   Legacy   LP   RSD Exclusive    6000

Standards   Sun Ra   ORG MUSIC    LP   RSD Exclusive    1750

The Cymbals/Symbols Sessions: New York City 1973   Sun Ra   Modern Harmonic   2 x LP   RSD Exclusive    1800

Astro Black    Sun Ra   Modern Harmonic   LP   RSD Exclusive    1350

Pine Street Theatre, Oct 18th, 1988   Sun Ra   Jackpot Records    2 x LP   RSD Exclusive    2000

Krush Groove Original Soundtrack   Various Artists   Varese Sarabande   LP   RSD Exclusive    1500

Iconic Performances From The Monterey International Pop Festival   Various Artists   Monterey International Pop Festi   2 x LP   RSD Limited Run / Regional Focus    1000

The Search for Animal Chin Soundtrack   Powell Peralta   Kanine Records    2 x LP   RSD Exclusive    1600

Natural High: The Bongo Man Collection   Studio One   Studio One    2 x LP   'RSD First'    1350

Interested in all of these but most likely will cop those in bold.