News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

A couple Transmission questions...

Started by ytowndan, September 08, 2009, 08:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

I've been using Ubuntu (Linux) for a while now, and just the other day decided to give Transmission a try, seeing as how it's native to Mac and Linux.  And, I love it.  It's layout is really simple and straight forward, it's just as light weight as utorrent, and I actually get better speeds with it (I have no idea how that's even possible...but, I somehow get better upload and download speeds). 

The only downside I can see is that there doesn't seem to be an option to automatically seed after creating a torrent.  It seems that you have to create the torrent and then hop on manually.  Am I right about this?  Is there a way to just start seeding automatically like with utorrent? 

Also, I don't see anything about rss.  Can you subscribe to a rss feed with Transmission?

Thanks.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

jephrey

Right on the first page there's a checkbox...  "Open when created"

enjoy!

Don't know about RSS.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.