News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Don't forget to change your plan before the price changes go into effect 9/1. They sent the notice a month ago, but I doubt they'll be reminding people.

McGrupp, I blew through both seasons of Party Down last weekend. Awesome show.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

qop24

Started watching Peepshow last night and holy shit is that show hilarious! Can't go wrong with it if you like British humor similar to The Office.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

postjack

If you like documentaries about food, and are interested in a critique of the way Americans eat, "Forks Over Knives" is the most effective documentary I've watched. So effective that my girlfriend and I have been eating 97% vegan for the past month, as an experiment. we've both lost weight and feel awesome, and actually are saving a lot of cash. strangely i also feel full all the time, and have found a lot of times when I thought I was "hungry" I was actually just craving salt, sugar, or fat. when I get "hungry" now its different, I don't feel like I'm "starving" as we like to say.

I won't spoil the documentary's message, but basically it attributes the increase in disease over the past century to the overuse of animal products in our food. Its fascinating and very convincing. It focuses more on the health side of things and less on the food product/FDA/industrial complex, but of course it touches on that as well.

highly recommended viewing.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

natronzero

Quote from: postjack on November 30, 2011, 02:18:30 PM
If you like documentaries about food, and are interested in a critique of the way Americans eat, "Forks Over Knives" is the most effective documentary I've watched. So effective that my girlfriend and I have been eating 97% vegan for the past month, as an experiment. we've both lost weight and feel awesome, and actually are saving a lot of cash. strangely i also feel full all the time, and have found a lot of times when I thought I was "hungry" I was actually just craving salt, sugar, or fat. when I get "hungry" now its different, I don't feel like I'm "starving" as we like to say.

I won't spoil the documentary's message, but basically it attributes the increase in disease over the past century to the overuse of animal products in our food. Its fascinating and very convincing. It focuses more on the health side of things and less on the food product/FDA/industrial complex, but of course it touches on that as well.

Sounds interesting. I might need to check that out. I can't see myself ever giving up meat entirely, but my gf recently went through an elimination diet and it's made us both somewhat more conscious about what we're eating (though definitely her more than me).

As for Netflix, I recently blasted through all 5 seasons of 30 Rock, and of course I recommend it
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

rowjimmy

You people should all watch "Let The Right One In".

It's Swedish or something so there's subtitles but it's a terrific take on the vampire thriller.

Don't be a dick and watch the shitty American remake entitled "Let Me In" instead. I will mock you mercilessly and you'll have wasted your own time taboot.

qop24

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 30, 2011, 05:47:36 PM

It's Swedish or something so there's subtitles but it's a terrific take on the vampire thriller.

Don't be a dick and watch the shitty American remake entitled "Let Me In" instead. I will mock you mercilessly and you'll have wasted your own time taboot.

Agreed, VERY awesome movie. I didn't think the remake was bad either though, although I obviously prefer the original.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

rowjimmy

Quote from: qop24 on November 30, 2011, 06:36:01 PM

Agreed, VERY awesome movie. I didn't think the remake was bad either though, although I obviously prefer the original.
The remake is unnecessary. Everything that is good about it is lifted from the original and there is plenty that they omitted, changed, or fucked up. The effects are shitty compared to the understated and natural effects of the original. The tone of the film isn't as good and the performances of the two primary characters aren't as good either.

khalpin

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 30, 2011, 07:20:26 PM
Quote from: qop24 on November 30, 2011, 06:36:01 PM

The remake is unnecessary. Everything that is good about it is lifted from the original and there is plenty that they omitted, changed, or fucked up. The effects are shitty compared to the understated and natural effects of the original. The tone of the film isn't as good and the performances of the two primary characters aren't as good either.
The remake is available streaming.  I still haven't watched it yet, but obviously I'll have to after watching the original, which was really well done.  Another foreign vampire flick worth checking out is Thirst(Bakjwi), which is Korean and is available streaming via Netflix.

rowjimmy

gah

Watched this a few weeks back. I'll 2nd the rec. Actually, HIGHLY recommend it for everyone interested in living a healthier lifestyle..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sophist

Quote from: goodabouthood on December 01, 2011, 01:21:02 PM

Watched this a few weeks back. I'll 2nd the rec. Actually, HIGHLY recommend it for everyone interested in living a healthier lifestyle..
::forwards to George::

::realizes I wasted 5 minutes of my life trying to help/save the fleethound::

::kicks rockz::
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

WillBreathes

tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

McGrupp

Any more recs?
My girlfriend and I watched "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia" last night. I had seen it before, she hadn't. Was definitely worth a 2nd watch. Very entertaining, funny, kinda sad...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Thrillhouse

Check out "Sherlock"

Its the tits dude.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

rowjimmy