News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Big Deal!!!!!

Started by jephrey, February 06, 2007, 03:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

I got on a kick and built a program (not within word/excel) that will take a setlist (like one from mockingbird), one set at a time, and convert it to wiki tagged song names for both the year, and details page.  I have been using something like it for a while, and this has taken it to the next level.  I haven't tried the PC version but will tomorrow.  I sent them both to tet so he can get them up for download on the wiki.  I didn't want to spend forever on detailed code so it only processes one set at a time (only song names), but I may add the ability to concatenate the sets in the program so that they can be brought to their pages easily.  Or maybe I'll just make it do everything...  We'll see

J

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: jephrey on February 06, 2007, 03:48:09 AM
(..) Or maybe I'll just make it do everything...  We'll see

I just love software which does everything. Like: build me website and make me tons of money  :-D

I will be adding stuf to the wiki again, I promise. Lots of other keep me extremely busy lately. Like Arnie says: "I'll be back".
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

jephrey

Here's to hoping that a lot of people start "coming back" with a vengence.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

Fine, I made one that does everything, but it's in word.  I'll make an exe and an app with the code and see what happens.  It may take a few days to get a chance to do it.

And it does everything, you just put in some basic data and it'll generate your entire setlist for the year and details page.

J