News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

JRAD - Lock'n Festival Arrington, VA 08-25-16 Not Live Setlist Thread

Started by Hicks, August 27, 2016, 12:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jam>

Tuned in last night in the middle of Truckin' — I swear they were jamming Black Satan and then Right Off (Miles). Really good.

ph92

Was that Benevento playing with them? I thought he looked familiar. Plus his solo in St. Stephen was dope. Looked like he was gettin it.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

sunrisevt

Yeah something screwy happened w the stream there at the end.

That set fucking owned, tho'!
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

whatapiper

Well JRAD officially has my attention, they played their set from 8/26 again last night as I missed it Friday.  No live stream last night? Anyway, I've crawled from underneath the rock I've been hiding under. That set owned.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Caravan2001

Quote from: whatapiper on August 28, 2016, 01:02:53 PM
Well JRAD officially has my attention, they played their set from 8/26 again last night as I missed it Friday.  No live stream last night? Anyway, I've crawled from underneath the rock I've been hiding under. That set owned.

yeah, thy are so good...

mattstick

So is this a paycheck gig for Joe Russo or is he happy fronting a GD cover band?

Nicole Atkins sounds great on the vocals.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mattstick on August 28, 2016, 01:45:23 PM
So is this a paycheck gig for Joe Russo or is he happy fronting a GD cover band?

It started as a goof just like Bustle in your Hedgerow... Then they got great press and booked a couple more shows that sold out like crazy so it became a helluva paycheck. Now it's something they'll do to make bank and have fun but they desperately don't want it to be their main gig. That's based on what I've read in interviews with just about all of them.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

He's fucking great, and they're a tight band, what a testament to The Grateful Dead songbook and legacy that JRAD could get so big and get so much attention by playing Dead songs.