News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/10 - Harvey's Outdoor Theatre- Lake Tahoe, NV - Post-Show Discussion/Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 11, 2011, 01:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 11, 2011, 05:05:53 PM
I'll believe it when I hear myself seeing Trey say it. 

someone actually says "dickbag" at least once a show, just to see who is paying attention.  you never know when its gonna happen...  maybe at the end of fluffhead - fluffy, fluffy head!  fluffhead, yeah!  fluffheeead!  "dickbaaagg!"

or maybe in ghost - "i somehow feel forsaken, like dickbag closed the door"

"bug! dickbag'nt matter"

"a c dickiebag,"

etc.  happens all the time. 

-AD_

mistercharlie

Quote from: guyforget on August 12, 2011, 04:49:48 AM

someone actually says "dickbag" at least once a show, just to see who is paying attention.  you never know when its gonna happen...  maybe at the end of fluffhead - fluffy, fluffy head!  fluffhead, yeah!  fluffheeead!  "dickbaaagg!"

"bug! dickbag'nt matter"

"a c dickiebag,"

So in Tube when we've been hearing Trey say 'Doc, do rhinos run from thunder' he's really saying 'dickbag, do rhinos run from thunder'?

And in Halley's Comet, dickbag is sung by Mike in the background... "Dickbag, ba-ba-bajingo, dick-bag, ba-ba-bajingo'.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 12, 2011, 05:54:08 AM
Quote from: guyforget on August 12, 2011, 04:49:48 AM

"bug! dickbag'nt matter"

"a c dickiebag,"

So in Tube when we've been hearing Trey say 'Doc, do rhinos run from thunder' he's really saying 'dickbag, do rhinos run from thunder'?

And in Halley's Comet, dickbag is sung by Mike in the background... "Dickbag, ba-ba-bajingo, dick-bag, ba-ba-bajingo'.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard This is totally gonna fuck with my wife next time she throws on Halley's and I start singing along.
Is this still Wombat?

kellerb

Dickbag, Dickbag, Jewel of Wilson's Fouuuuuul  dooooomaaaaaaaiiiiiiin

qop24

Quote from: kellerb on August 12, 2011, 10:57:31 AM
Dickbag, Dickbag, Jewel of Wilson's Fouuuuuul  dooooomaaaaaaaiiiiiiin

I wish I'd read the lyrics before naming my cat Tela
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

gah

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on August 11, 2011, 05:58:23 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 11, 2011, 04:59:09 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 11, 2011, 04:57:27 PM
i'm sure that was a paraphrase, if it was even mentioned at all...which I doubt.

verbatim.

LOL.
2010. The year Phish fans turned on Phish.
2011. The year Phish turned on Phish fans.
If both sides remain persistent, then we may do away with the scene altogether in 2012. Should be good times.

Looking forward to hearing the show.
:phish:

Let the negotiations begin.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Been listening to this show, just made it to Ghost.

The Jim jam turned really cool before it sort of arbitrarily and quickly fizzled out into Ghost. This sounded like another common example of someone (axeman?) seeming to get overexcited and prematurely jump into the next tune. The Jim jam could've kept going and I'm sure it would have been cool and only gotten more interesting. And/or, the segue that you could kind of hear developing could have been more patiently handled and there would have been big shit-eating grins all around.

It wasn't exactly a ~> brick wall situation but not quite as elegant as I was hoping for.

Sorry if this post reminded you a little too much of this:

Is this still Wombat?

gah

I'm just a little ahead of you, wait til you get to the end of ghost! also, 1st set sounded really fun, would have enjoyed being there quite a bit.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Quote from: goodabouthood on August 12, 2011, 12:34:18 PM
I'm just a little ahead of you, wait til you get to the end of ghost! also, 1st set sounded really fun, would have enjoyed being there quite a bit.

Yeah, I finished listening (by which I mean, skipped Guyute and Velvet Sea) and that Ghost was sounding pretty nice before it, too, went bye-bye.  :x
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

emay

Gumbo72203

i donno about you guys, but i was pretty damn blown away by the first minute or 2 of this Stash jam.  That was some serious levity and suspense.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

jedifunk

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 17, 2011, 10:57:51 AM
i donno about you guys, but i was pretty damn blown away by the first minute or 2 of this Stash jam.  That was some serious levity and suspense.
that's cool and all, but i just can't get excited for 2 minutes from an entire show.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio