News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 13, 2018, 11:23:14 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 12, 2018, 10:50:41 PM
The new Doc and Merle Sonic Journal (Bear) just came out on vinyl.  $32 shipped on Amazon Prime.  If it sounds half as good as the first one (Janice Joplin), it's a must own.  Came out last year on 7CD, but I have been waiting for the 180g vinyl (2LP).  Should be here in a couple of days.  Pumped.  The Janice album sounds amazing!

Dude .... "Janice ..."

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard. Come on, Todd. You should know better.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

Big Brian Eno box set coming out May 4th

https://www.enoshop.co.uk/product/BrianEnoMusicForInstallations9LPVinylBox?currency=EUR

Quote9LP VINYL BOX

'Music For Installations' is a collection of new, rare and previously unreleased music, all of which was recorded by Brian Eno for use in his installations covering the period from 1986 until the present (and beyond). Over this time, he has emerged as the leading exponent of "generative" music worldwide and is recognised as one of the foremost audio-visual installation artists of his time.

Eno's visual experiments with light and video have proved to be the fertile ground from which so much of his other work has grown and they cover an even longer span of time than his recordings, paralleling his musical output in recent decades. These highly-acclaimed works have been exhibited all over the globe - from the Venice Biennale and the Marble Palace in St. Petersburg to Beijing's Ritan Park and the sails of the Sydney Opera House.

None of this work has previously been available on vinyl until now. Designed by Brian and long-time collaborator Nick Robertson, this beautifully bound heavyweight 9LP package comes with a 64-page booklet featuring rare and unseen exhibition photographs and a new essay written by Eno. Also contains a download code.

Hicks

Quote from: emay on March 13, 2018, 12:23:27 PM

https://www.enoshop.co.uk/product/BrianEnoMusicForInstallations9LPVinylBox?currency=EUR

Quote9LP VINYL BOX

'Music For Installations' is a collection of new, rare and previously unreleased music, all of which was recorded by Brian Eno for use in his installations covering the period from 1986 until the present (and beyond). Over this time, he has emerged as the leading exponent of "generative" music worldwide and is recognised as one of the foremost audio-visual installation artists of his time.

Eno's visual experiments with light and video have proved to be the fertile ground from which so much of his other work has grown and they cover an even longer span of time than his recordings, paralleling his musical output in recent decades. These highly-acclaimed works have been exhibited all over the globe - from the Venice Biennale and the Marble Palace in St. Petersburg to Beijing's Ritan Park and the sails of the Sydney Opera House.

None of this work has previously been available on vinyl until now. Designed by Brian and long-time collaborator Nick Robertson, this beautifully bound heavyweight 9LP package comes with a 64-page booklet featuring rare and unseen exhibition photographs and a new essay written by Eno. Also contains a download code.

Fuuuuuuccccck.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Quote from: Hicks on March 13, 2018, 01:20:20 PM
Quote from: emay on March 13, 2018, 12:23:27 PM

Quote9LP VINYL BOX

Fuuuuuuccccck.

240 for the vinyl box set  :cry:
But really just interested in hearing these in general.

Caravan2001

The new Doc and Merle Sonic Journal (Bear) just came out on vinyl.  $32 shipped on Amazon Prime.  If it sounds half as good as the first one (Janice Joplin), it's a must own.  Came out last year on 7CD, but I have been waiting for the 180g vinyl (2LP).  Should be here in a couple of days.  Pumped.  The Janice album sounds amazing!

Dude .... "Janice ..."

Well, on Howard Stern someone was calling her Janet Joplin so....ANyway, I'm burnt and I also blame it on autocorrect. And Daylight Savings, and I was rushing, and....

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 13, 2018, 02:18:11 PM

Dude .... "Janice ..."

Well, on Howard Stern someone was calling her Janet Joplin so....ANyway, I'm burnt and I also blame it on autocorrect. And Daylight Savings, and I was rushing, and....

Jackie Jormp-Jomp once said "Synonym's just another word for the word you want to use"

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

August

mbw

Quote from: August on March 22, 2018, 10:42:25 AM
Kinda want this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BLGL9MJ?tag=mfconvert-20&tag=v06a8-20

hell yeah.  wonder if the box will blink.  my cd box blinked for like 15 years.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on December 30, 2017, 09:17:41 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on December 30, 2017, 07:05:56 AM
Quote from: Hicks on December 29, 2017, 10:22:30 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on December 29, 2017, 08:42:43 PM
Quote from: shoreline99 on November 29, 2017, 10:15:18 AM
Anyone have a good source for a Gorillaz/Demon Days vinyl? Only thing I can find is a bootleg issue from England and a limited edition VMP on discogs.

VinylMePlease has them for sale for members again.

Hmmm, but Moby.

You can switch out the Moby record for the Gorillaz record if you sing up for a membership. VMP always lets you switch out that months record if you don't want it.

Ahh right, forgot about that!

Hey Hicks, not sure if you ended up doing this but Demon Days is back in stock at SRCVinyl.com.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

August

Also a black RE coming next month.

August

Quote from: mbw on March 22, 2018, 10:52:49 AM
Kinda want this.

Right?!??
I took that spine out and put it underneath my stereo receiver in my Mazda so it looked like I had an alarm!
Seriously!

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 22, 2018, 10:58:57 AM
Quote from: Hicks on December 30, 2017, 09:17:41 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on December 30, 2017, 07:05:56 AM
Quote from: Hicks on December 29, 2017, 10:22:30 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on December 29, 2017, 08:42:43 PM
Quote from: shoreline99 on November 29, 2017, 10:15:18 AM
Anyone have a good source for a Gorillaz/Demon Days vinyl? Only thing I can find is a bootleg issue from England and a limited edition VMP on discogs.

VinylMePlease has them for sale for members again.

Hmmm, but Moby.

You can switch out the Moby record for the Gorillaz record if you sing up for a membership. VMP always lets you switch out that months record if you don't want it.

Ahh right, forgot about that!

Hey Hicks, not sure if you ended up doing this but Demon Days is back in stock at SRCVinyl.com.

Thanks dude,  did end up grabbing another VMP, they did an outstanding job with the remaster, sounds incredible IMO. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

August

Caravan2001

I remember the day it was released they had a blinking light on top of the Empire State Building for a night.  Can't say I have ever heard the album. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mbw on March 22, 2018, 10:52:49 AM
Kinda want this.

My OG LP release did not have the light like the CD set.