News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

underrated? fall 99

Started by jedifunk, August 25, 2014, 09:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

been revisiting 1999 this eve... some fuckin gems up in this bitch!

7-21 mikes->simple->mlt!!! sick... totes summer vibes brah (ok, ok, this is summer, but still, thats where i started)

9-21 reba ... the quiet! so quiet! then just sick desert jam... bliss
9-28 tweezer ... uh huh... mmm that is all
9-29 mikes -> everything... forget the segues, its all about this mikes groove, soo funkin funky  :rawk:
9-12 bathtub ... maybe my fav ever, just love ... dat ghost too :banana:

so much in this tour ... i didn't hit on the big dawgs here (boise anyone?)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

antelope19

Love me some '99.  Saw 11 shows that year, however, none in the fall. 

All Summer and Winter

As far as the shows I saw that year, my favorite moments:

VA Beach FEE
MPP- That entire 2nd set really, but specifically: WTU > Mikes > Twist > Weekapaug (They LOVE to play WTU at MPP.  WTF?)
Camden Chalkdust
Oswego 1 Wolfmans > Sneakin Sally > Timber
Oswego 2  Set 3 insanity
12/11 Spectrum- My Love of this show is well documented around here.  Not really any need to say any more.
12/15 MCI Center- Love this show, but the Reba, halleys > Suzy to end set 2
HAMPTONS!!!!!!!
CYPRESS!!!!!

so year, not really what you were looking for, but that's all I got.  Some of those are underrated though....

I'm glad I did that because I now want to revisit.  That was one helluva a year for me. 

/sweet blog
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

Also, FWIW, I appreciate the old school discussions you're bringing back to this board.  They have been missing lately. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

susep

2Dec. - 2nd set
3Dec. - Hood

jedifunk

Quote from: mattstick on August 25, 2014, 09:25:49 PM
12/2 YEM
12/4 SOAM
totes, ovi.. those both qualify as big hits for me!
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Quote from: antelope19 on August 25, 2014, 09:31:30 PM
Love me some '99.  Saw 11 shows that year, however, none in the fall. 

All Summer and Winter

As far as the shows I saw that year, my favorite moments:

VA Beach FEE
MPP- That entire 2nd set really, but specifically: WTU > Mikes > Twist > Weekapaug (They LOVE to play WTU at MPP.  WTF?)
Camden Chalkdust
Oswego 1 Wolfmans > Sneakin Sally > Timber
Oswego 2  Set 3 insanity
12/11 Spectrum- My Love of this show is well documented around here.  Not really any need to say any more.
12/15 MCI Center- Love this show, but the Reba, halleys > Suzy to end set 2
HAMPTONS!!!!!!!
CYPRESS!!!!!

so year, not really what you were looking for, but that's all I got.  Some of those are underrated though....

I'm glad I did that because I now want to revisit.  That was one helluva a year for me. 

/sweet blog

all of that!

1999 was MY year... not my favorite (i'm sure everyone recalls what that is)... but i saw EVERY continental show that year, and loved every minute.

fall was perhaps my favorite period in my life... hooked up with my baby mama, saw the entire country multiple times, raged phish...

currently raging 9-29 2001... its a monster!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Quote from: antelope19 on August 25, 2014, 09:34:51 PM
Also, FWIW, I appreciate the old school discussions you're bringing back to this board.  They have been missing lately.

if i'm here for one thing, its dah phish... from vermont  :banana:
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

shredtastic gem hidden in the rough ... 10/4 ghost = just fucking raging fire!  :rawk: :rockout: :beerbang:
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

i don't remember how this shit works, so i'm just gonna keep posting!

10/10 - stash (underrated, thats the subject right?)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

pcr3

Quote from: jedifunk on August 25, 2014, 10:16:04 PM

That was the only show I caught that fall and I thought it was pretty damn good. The Stash after a bunch of new songs (to me, at least) was a great capper to that set. I haven't listened to this in forever, and I suddenly feel a need to revisit it.  If I recall, the Stash got really dark and left my ride in a puddle for the rest of the night. I'm sure the LSD-molly combo didn't help his case...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

jedifunk

Quote from: pcr3 on August 25, 2014, 10:35:51 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on August 25, 2014, 10:16:04 PM

That was the only show I caught that fall and I thought it was pretty damn good. The Stash after a bunch of new songs (to me, at least) was a great capper to that set. I haven't listened to this in forever, and I suddenly feel a need to revisit it.  If I recall, the Stash got really dark and left my ride in a puddle for the rest of the night. I'm sure the LSD-molly combo didn't help his case...
indeed gets dark... then turns into a ripper
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

followed up by:

10/8 halleys > tweezer ... mmm, rockin then spacey

now? 9/26 twist
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Buffalo Budd

I will add my typical shout out to Dec 7 Halley's as well as the Dec 8 YEM with Tweeprise acapella ending.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.