News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

the paug is twitter'n

Started by tet, August 22, 2009, 12:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

ytowndan

Ha.  That's pretty sweet.  I'd rock one for sure. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

gah

Funny shirt. I wouldn't wear one of course, since I wouldn't really be able to explain it since I still don't get this twitter thing, but the music video, that had me cracking up.
Tweet Tweet Biatch!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

blatboom

Quote from: goodabouthood on August 22, 2009, 05:48:00 PM
I wouldn't wear one of course, since I wouldn't really be able to explain it since I still don't get this twitter thing,

exactly why I didn't pick it up.

mopper_smurf

http://twitter.com/hctf

Mostly used to show my music blog updates automagically thru http://www.twitterfeed.com
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

UncleEbinezer

I only follow Phish on twitter.  I do not twitter, facebook or myspace.  I think they suck, they are too much to deal with provide too much insight into my life and since I look at a computer ALL day, I don't want to do it at night or the weekends either.

Just me.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

guyforget

that video might be the funniest thing andy milinokawhateverthefuckhisnameis ever did. 
-AD_

jedifunk

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on August 25, 2009, 01:21:19 PM
I only follow Phish on twitter.  I do not twitter, facebook or myspace.  I think they suck, they are too much to deal with provide too much insight into my life and since I look at a computer ALL day, I don't want to do it at night or the weekends either.

Just me.
i hear what you are saying, but i'll provide the flip side to why these services are a good thing (for me at least).

having spent 5+ years on phish tour, i have amassed a large group of friends, of which 97% of them do NOT live where i live... so for me... rather than wasting $$ on phone calls and such, using Facebook & twitter are the perfect way to stay in touch.

in most cases i don't even need to talk with people to know whats going on in their lives... even if its something stupid like they had grilled cheese for lunch... it gives me the option of saying something, or not saying something... all on my own terms.

we were all lucky to meet each other on phish tour and experience those things together, adn now to be able to stay in touch so easily is so awesome!

for that reason alone, i love facebook and twitter
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: jedifunk on August 25, 2009, 03:01:11 PM

Just me.
i hear what you are saying, but i'll provide the flip side to why these services are a good thing (for me at least).

having spent 5+ years on phish tour, i have amassed a large group of friends, of which 97% of them do NOT live where i live... so for me... rather than wasting $$ on phone calls and such, using Facebook & twitter are the perfect way to stay in touch.

in most cases i don't even need to talk with people to know whats going on in their lives... even if its something stupid like they had grilled cheese for lunch... it gives me the option of saying something, or not saying something... all on my own terms.

we were all lucky to meet each other on phish tour and experience those things together, adn now to be able to stay in touch so easily is so awesome!

Excellent point!  I can see some value in it, I just don't want to put forth the effort.  And then I have seen people get upset because you aren't their "friend" and its like MTV crap. 

I just can't look at a computer screen anymore than I need to.   I also do like having a little privacy.  Believe it or not, the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area is like the smallest town ever.  Everyone knows your shit before you even do.  If I posted it on the net, I wouldn't have anything private.

I really do see value in it.  I am an IT Director and believe me we are doing everything we can to stay relevant in these spaces as people use them for you exact purpose.  I just can't.  :)  That's why I paug.

jedifunk

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on August 25, 2009, 03:06:14 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on August 25, 2009, 03:01:11 PM

Just me.

That's why I paug.

totes!  :beers:
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

UncleEbinezer