News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Wikipaug.net - a wiki that is ALL things Phish *NOW OPEN*

Started by jephrey, November 28, 2006, 01:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

Over the last few years (yes, it's been years), some members of this community have been working on a wiki for all things Phish.  Kind of like a one-stop shop for setlists, trading, discussion, etc.  Sure, there are sites out there that have many different features and many different pieces, but the idea with a wiki is a more interactive experience where users can make changes and additions, and aside from really detailed information (like sources or guitar tablature), would contain everything that a Phish head or aspiring Phish head would want to know.

The original wiki got killed by an HD failure and it took a while to start anew, but earlier this year, we renewed the effort.  We currently have a good base and a lot of information has been entered into the wiki.  The idea among the founders of the site is to get a lot of content entered before promoting the site to the general public, so the user experience can start on the right foot.  We have made some strides, and put in a bunch of time to get the Wiki to that point.  Our plan is to promote the site to the general public at etree and here on 1/1/07.  Unfortunately, we haven't moved forward as quickly as anticipated and the content is slightly lacking.

Over the next month, I have made it a priority to put some quality time in to improving the base of information at the site, and have asked and continue to ask the other contributors to do the same.  I think with a good effort, We'll have a really cool website to debut next year (in a month).

There are a couple reasons for writing this thread.
1.  To spark a rally from current contributors based on responses from potential wiki users.
2.  To ask if there are any n00bs or even long-timers out there that would like to contribute.

Here is what is expected of you...  Almost nothing.  You don't have to know anything about wikis, you don't have to be good at html or wiki language, and everyone has a life so you don't have to devote much time to it.  All you need is a desire to see this thing work and a few minutes to give some input, or work on pages.  Obviously, if you want to learn something new like html or wiki language, this is great.  I started at 0 and can build these pages rather quickly now.  This kind of thing is fun for me, plus it's about Phish, which I spend much time on anyhow.  Finally, you get to collaborate with the other contributors (who are really cool) and gain access to a secret forum for wiki members only.

So, without further ado, if you are interested, PM me and we'll get you set up.  You'll be paddled with a ping-pong paddle for your initiation (you just have to send in the video of you paddling yourself really really hard (in the face if you're male, on the naked ass if you're female)).

:beers:

J

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

And if you join, you get those cool little :phish: under your name!  can't beat that!! :beers:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

tet

glad to see so many of you having expressed interest in this project - we've got about 10 new members signed up over the last few days, which is great! 

anyone else who is interested, please feel free to contact myself or jephrey, we'll get you going immediately!
-Phish

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Definitely our best recruiting effort yet.

Thanks out to our current contributors and to those that have signed up. 

To those of you who aren't signed up, you're gonna love this thing when it opens.  It's really taking shape.

Piece!
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mixmasterob

Not really sure how much I can contribute but I would love to try.

tet

well, it's February 1st, and we are officially announcing our presence on the intercablewebs! :banana:

you may visit www.wikipaug.net , sign up for an account, and start editing away! 

it is still mostly incomplete, but with a very good starting base thanks to the very hard work of all of the contributers over the last few years!  some helped with a song, some entered a whole year of setlists...  to each and every one of you, a sincere thank you :clap:

so, dig in!  you can't do much harm, as the admins can recover any changes or deletions made... feel free to tinker - PLEASE!  post any questions you might have here, though you will soon see a new section on the website dedicated to wikipaug discussion.

enjoy folks!!
-Phish

OctopusRider

I just checked it out. Awesome! I always have to go to different sites for everything phish. Nice to have it all in one place.

:phish:

OlfactoryHue

kick ass, way to be everybody that worked on this.  Im diggin it
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

birdman

:beers:     Way to go guys, nice work    :clap:

Karma is surely due
Paug FTMFW!

jephrey

definitely use the logo as your avatar on other sites to drum up interest.

Tet, can the main forums page have a link somehow?

J

tet

Quote from: jephrey on February 01, 2007, 01:17:03 PM
definitely use the logo as your avatar on other sites to drum up interest.

Tet, can the main forums page have a link somehow?

J

just added it to the News items on top, so it'll display along with our Paypal donations button on top of everyone's home page (as long as they have the upper profile tab expanded, which everyone does by default).
-Phish

jephrey

Can you make that search over on the right have a menu that allows you to either search the forums or search the wiki?  Or another search/go box for the wiki itself?

J

Caravan2001

Looks pretty cool....+k for the efforts...I'll check out and see if I have anything to contribute....peas

tet

Quote from: jephrey on February 01, 2007, 08:42:21 PM
Can you make that search over on the right have a menu that allows you to either search the forums or search the wiki?  Or another search/go box for the wiki itself?

J

no, and no.  someone would have to write some custom PHP/MySQL code for us and make a custom skin for the website, and that someone ain't me. 
-Phish