News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Wikipaug.net - a wiki that is ALL things Phish *NOW OPEN*

Started by jephrey, November 28, 2006, 01:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

jephrey

Looks like I found a way to view week4paug from work...  There are proxy servers all over the joint.  I wonder if I can set up my home comp as a proxy server.  I'm gonna try.

I added a few shows and songs today.  I feel like I'm making good progress.  If I'm the only one who works on it, it should be good to go in a couple years.  :wink:

Did anyone notice all the phish songs on wikipedia?  We should definitely snag some of that info...

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

drvinestein

Quote from: jephrey on February 02, 2007, 06:02:56 PM
Did anyone notice all the phish songs on wikipedia?  We should definitely snag some of that info...

J

That's a good idea  :clap:

birdman

For those Wiki people it may concern. When I hit the link for 1994 setlists I noticed all the info for that year was off , it seemed to be referencing another year. Fix it...NOW! :evil:
Paug FTMFW!

tet

Quote from: birdman on February 08, 2007, 10:30:14 AM
   For those Wiki people it may concern. When I hit the link for 1994 setlists I noticed all the info for that year was off , it seemed to be referencing another year. Fix it...NOW! :evil:
that's called a placeholder...

and it's a wiki.... YOU FIX IT!!!  :mrgreen: :beers:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

jephrey

True, there are lots of placeholders.  The stats are incorrect as well.  We include radio appearances in the stats as we consider any time phish plays music for fans a "show".  Soundchecks, on the other hand, are not considered in stats, because Phish isn't playing for a live or broadcast ausience. 

Every year needs to be fixed in some way, even 2000 is wrong although it may be mostly correct.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

Hey everyone...

I have been on a streak and have put in a BUNCH more info.  Mostly songs, and a bunch of setlists.  I also worked on the formatting for the setlist year pages.  Things are shaping up nice.  You'll enjoy the main page as I've given a good layout of what's available on the site.

If you haven't been in a while, check it out.  And don't be afraid to do something.

J

jephrey

Hey fockers...

If you use any one source of setlists online, from now on, you should start using the wiki (for ones that are in there obviously).  All setlists are in for 1983, 1984, 1990, and 1998 thru 2004.  "We" are continuing to work on other years (most likely 1997 will be the next to be finished).  Correct any mistakes and post them back here so the wiki team can confirm what you're doing.  There may be an explanation for the way some things are as well.

I'll tilt back a cold one tonight to celebrate, as I just finished 2003, completing the string of 1998-2004.  Since there is a bunch in there now, and things are moving quickly (at least for me), hopefully, my progress will start to prompt others to add some setlists.  In all honesty, I think I'm the only one who visits the wiki.  Well, tet too.  So please visit, and don't be too scared to try looking at code or adding things.  I even wrote a small tutorial for adding setlists and songs.

Rock on.

J

rowjimmy

hmmm
maybe I'll link to the wikipages in my openoffice doc that hold my datlist...

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jephrey

Awesome!  You'll want to tag all the stuff

[[The Moma Dance]]  and if you want it to say Moma, but go to the "The Moma Dance" page, then it's [[The Moma Dance|Moma]].  Same for the dates.  See how they're done in the high-fives etc.

Way to go though.  We need more little additions like that.  I don't mind if I'm doing most of the setlists and songs, but we really need people pouring information in.  (The Dude of Life needs a page, so does Chris Kuroda, and probably Kevin Shapiro)...  Check out the Trey/Mike/Fish/Page pages for examples.

J

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Is there a page for links to outside resources?
I came a cross a very useful one today:
http://groups.google.as/group/rec.music.phish/about?hl=en

rec.music.phish archives stretching back to 1992 in a very usable interface.

mbw

was some of the info put there by default; ie just to have something...i.e. 'cars, trucks, buses' written by trey?
my first time seriously reading it and the info has some serious flaws
im editing furiously :-D