News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

today's downtime

Started by tet, December 01, 2006, 07:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

sorry folks, we weren't sure what was going on but the service we use to host our DNS (which, in layman's terms, is what routes the internet traffic from your computer to our server) was down - probably due to the huge storms moving across the country.  we couldn't even reach their website - this is the first time we have ever seen them down in the years of dealing with this company.  so, took them about 2 hours to get back online, and everything seems fine.  our server was never down, it was just unaccessible by typing in our domain.  if you tried to go directly to our IP address, it worked fine.

again, not our fault this time...  it's still probably gonna be wonky for a few hours, but just hang tight and it'll get better
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

gainesvillegreen

+k for the use of the term "wonky". 

jedifunk

haha, thats exactly what i was thinking! +k all around!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

finally, an update from www.everydns.net:

QuoteUpdate: December 1st, 2006. EveryDNS is currently under a wide-scale DDoS attack. I am currently working to mitigate the attacks and stablize the network. Please stand by for a more complete status update and check the news page. -david
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Casey Lenahan

man i didnt think people still did DDoS attacks anymore. I used to play a game when i was in high school and people would get mad at other people for what ever reason and then would DDoS their connection and take the down for weeks. Then the FBI got involved and i thought that was funny.
I owe Aug $20