News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/17 - UIC Pavilion - Chicago, IL - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by PhishPhan, August 18, 2011, 01:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhishPhan

2011-08-17

Set 1: Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Gumbo, Possum, Weigh > The Divided Sky, Alaska, Bathtub Gin, Maze, Cavern, First Tube

Set 2: Crosseyed and Painless -> No Quarter > Timber (Jerry)[1] -> Tweezer > Prince Caspian > Piper[2] > Ghost > Makisupa Policeman[3] > Sleep > Buffalo Bill > Golgi Apparatus > Character Zero[1] > Run Like an Antelope[4]

Encore: Funky Bitch[5] > Show of Life > Tweezer Reprise[5]

[1] Crosseyed teases and quotes.
[2] Crosseyed teases and quotes and Timber tease from Fish.
[3] Lyrics referenced Trey's favorite music ("Dank Sinatra," "Nat King Bowl'," Harry Chronic, Jr.," "Herby Hancock," and "Van Inhalin'"), as well as Page's House and Mike's House.
[4] Crosseyed and Makisupa teases and alternate lyrics referencing Fish's House.
[5] Crosseyed quotes.

Notes: This show featured the first Forbin's opener since November 3, 1989 (1,249 shows). Timber, Piper and Zero all contained Crosseyed teases and quotes and Piper also contained Timber teases from Fish. The Makisupa lyrics referenced Trey's favorite music ("Dank Sinatra," "Nat King Bowl'," Harry Chronic, Jr.," "Herby Hancock," and "Van Inhalin'"), as well as Page's House and Mike's House. Sleep was played for the first time since August 7, 2009 (105 shows). Antelope contained Crosseyed and Makisupa teases and alternate lyrics referencing Fish's House. Funky Bitch and Tweeprise each contained yet more Crosseyed quotes.

PhishPhan

Shit was even more fire than the past two nights. Couldn't be more happy with this run.

mbw

pretty kick ass.  ghost was about 2 seconds long, but the makisupa more than made up for it.  people were lol'ing all over the place.

i think my tape turned out very good too!  good to see pie, wtu, jphish, kellerb, mistercharlie, gbl and willsteele.  thanks for the lift again billy!

forbin opener ftw!

*eta some names i forgot.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

PhishPhan

anthrax

wow.  i am completely satisfied after that run.  what a great summer!  back to reality tomorrow.

GBL

Quote from: anthrax on August 18, 2011, 02:54:11 AM
wow.  i am completely satisfied after that run.  what a great summer!  back to reality tomorrow.

Nice to meet you, bud!
If this is love, I'm never going home..

emay

rowjimmy

Looks wild. LOL at Ghost being shorter than Tweezer Rep but I'll have to hear it to judge it.

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 18, 2011, 05:17:36 AM
Looks wild. LOL at Ghost being shorter than Tweezer Rep but I'll have to hear it to judge it.

Dude, it's the new whole band condensed jamming. There is so much happening now, you just got to listen better. It also helps if you slow down the tape by half speed, although admittedly the vocals get a little muddy. And don't give me this "I've already got this album" cause this version of Ghost is even shorter than the album version. People tonight should feel privileged to have caught such a rarity.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

WhatstheUse?

I had the time of my life tonight.

Felt like one of those few shows where the crowd/band interaction had a distinct impact on the playing.  That is why i see this band.

.... wait....

Did they really just play a <4 minute ghosT?.......YIKES!

Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

3:48 Ghost, didn't even know those existed. 
Lot of songs played tonight, looks like they decided to play as many tunes left on the table as possible.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

"Last night of tour and we've only got a couple hours left to finish this song list!"
<plays fast>

Itsnotanexperience

3 minute ghost
8 minute tweezer

That's like 12 minutes for two tracks that during any pre-3.0 tour would've accounted for (easily) 30-40 minutes worth of music.

Guess you had to be there:)

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!