News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Booze Banned from Jets Game

Started by antelope19, December 20, 2005, 05:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5184734

Apparently, they are banning alcohol sales at the jets/Pats game on Monday night.  Why do I get the feeling this will go over like a ton of bricks.  You crazy New Yorkers, why do you always have to push it to the edge? :wink:  Anyone have a flask? 

"The ban comes after nine fans were arrested during the Jets-Saints game Nov. 27. One man was charged with stabbing two fans in a restroom, and a state trooper broke his leg while trying to eject a fan who reportedly threw a beer bottle"
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

tet

how is anyone supposed to watch the Jets while sober? 

i mean, i can, because i'm a Giants fan and obviously have no sympathy for their plight...  but god, that must be awful for Jets fans!! :lol:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

Seriously, no Curtis martin?  I am guessing there won't be too many J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets cheers while sober.  Go Brooks Bollinger.  OUCH!!!!! :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

This is simply going to encourage more excessive tailgating. New yorkers are already going to be more than a little pissed off after this strike.

Glad I'm not up there.

August

i dont even like football, but i am going to be there just to vomit all over the place...
au

fuck the jets
fuck the TWU
fuck mayor bloomberg

ucusty

hating it if you live or work in the city. xmas time none the less

rowjimmy

Two notes on the transit strike.

on day one, as i boarded an amtrak to DC from home (bound for work) there was a LARGE LOUD OVERLY PEPPY FOR 6AM family on the platform and the train. I sat in a different car but was later told that their volume did not decrease and they even had the nerve to let their kids watch their portable dvs without headphones... as people are trying to sleep around them.
I was happy to learn that they were bound for NYC.  Kharma.

Yesterday, I called my bro in NYC who is headed down to VA for xmas. but not just for xmas, he's moving away from nyc for good. right now. with no car. Dude was cold stuck. hatin it.

I believe he's made it out by now but... ouch.

VA $l!m

CUE THE MUSIC!

--i WANT TO BE A PART OF IT...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

August

:-o in old NEW YAWK!!!!!!

strike is over!!!
a