News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatfargone

Quote from: Phishy69 on November 17, 2010, 10:34:40 AM
I just don't get why you (TFG) even bother posting in a thread about a band you obviously hate so much.  When others rip on Phish, they usually have at least listened to the show and like the band to certain degree (or have hopes they will get better in the future).

I'm not sure why a dissenting opinion about anything related to the Grateful Dead is such a problem. Read my post...a question to sophist and a comment on people leaving the room empty for encore.  If you feel making fun of a crowd for emptying early is hate...toughen up! :wink:

Also sophist, send me sbds and I'll listen to every one!
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

sophist

Quote from: thatfargone on November 17, 2010, 10:40:51 AM
I just don't get why you (TFG) even bother posting in a thread about a band you obviously hate so much.  When others rip on Phish, they usually have at least listened to the show and like the band to certain degree (or have hopes they will get better in the future).

I'm not sure why a dissenting opinion about anything related to the Grateful Dead is such a problem. Read my post...a question to sophist and a comment on people leaving the room empty for encore.  If you feel making fun of a crowd for emptying early is hate...toughen up! :wink:
A dissenting opinion would be "I thought the encore from Saturday night was pretty weak, they should of played We Bid You Goodnight,"  see?  That's something we could discuss.  No right or wrong opinion on that.   Writing "lol" isn't dissenting or even discussing it dude.  You know this, I know this.  You want to talk about the music, let's.  Otherwise, it's just a distraction if you have nothing to add.  It's already been established that the Furthur crowd is the worst out there.  I don't think anyone is arguing on their behalf, nor do I expect anyone to speak praises for the people that tour with Furthur.  My issue here is that you're labeling your posts as dissent, when dissent implies that an initial level of satisfaction existed, and we all know that from show one, you've hated on these guys.  Need I pull up your San Francisco posts about them?  I'm not asking you to bend over and take a gang bang from them, I am asking that you listen to the music before you rip on it.  If this was Phish, everyone would expect the same standard, and it's a reasonable one. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: thatfargone on November 17, 2010, 10:40:51 AM

I'm not sure why a dissenting opinion about anything related to the Grateful Dead is such a problem.
Because that's all you ever have and it's a tad tiresome.  But whatever, I'm not offended, I've come to expect it, doesn't mean I understand it.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

thatfargone

Please send me boards then! I'd love to hear all the progress you mention, I do. Until then I'll gladly stay out of this thread. But, when phish tour is finally over and I have an actual home again, I will scrutinize every detail and post accordingly.

I used to love the dead and will defend anything 69>73.  I attended what was called the best show of last year...I have tried to listen here and there and simply do not hear any of this excellence mentioned. I'd love to hear some true group improvisation that didn't sound like Phil planned it all out.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

pcr3

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 15, 2010, 08:05:38 PM
So I had zero idea Further was even coming near me until just today.

Anyone in MA trying to make it to Worcester this Friday?

I'm hitting up the shows.  Somehow, my buddy got front center.  Good times will ensue. :crazy:

Any of you guys know a good place to grab some decent food and some good beers/booze near the venue?  Haven't been down to Woostah in a while, so I forget where the "hot" spots are.  Plus, we are getting down there around 4 to make sure we beat the Friday afternoon shitshow that the Mass Pike always offers...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

McGrupp

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Y'all need to chill the fuck out. I have talked with TFG in person about this subject multiple times. Dude does not hate the dead.

Also, I don't see how lol'ing at a crowd leaving before the encore is "Trolling"...

Maybe thatfargone is the type of person who you have to spend time with outside of the computer in order to understand his method of using the interwebs/sense of humor...but I can tell you that dude man is not looking for a fight

Funny how defensive people get on here sometimes. It's music people. Chill the fuck out.

:music:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sophist

I've spoken with Joe about this topic too (several times in person and on fb chat).  I'm not defensive.  All I'm asking is for more than a lol comment.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

phil

I like the lol comment. It's kind of like poking an antpile with a stick. I fucking love doing that shit.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

McGrupp

Quote from: sophist on November 17, 2010, 02:23:07 PM
I've spoken with Joe about this topic too (several times in person and on fb chat).  I'm not defensive.  All I'm asking is for more than a lol comment.

I saw nothing offensive in his posts at all. Perhaps a playful jab, but a playful jab should be treated as one. I was just kind of surprised to see how rapidly that whole exchange escalated from what I thought was joking around, to ser biz.

Which brings me to my next point:

:wink:

:syf:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

rowjimmy

Everybody shut the fuck up!

I want to hear about jj's new dance moves!

sophist

I'm so dosing the fuck out of your punk ass Hicks.  I'm talking the type of trip where masturbating aliens shooting their alien reproductive juice at you is akin to some sort of cosmic epiphany. 

Phil,  again, Fuck off.   :wink:

::throws double stacks just outside of thread to divert Grupp's attention::

Buffalo Budd

And for the record, I wasn't offended at all.  I get it, he's not a fan of these guys at the moment.  I'm not trying to convert anyone here.  Didn't mean to jump on ya TFG and I think alot of it is a case of interweb mannerisms and how one comes off across a computer screen.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2010, 02:45:02 PM
I want to hear about jj's new dance moves!

He sent me a rule number one during last night's second set. Here, although I don't know why he was wearing sunglasses inside:

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.