News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quick question about mac dock

Started by McGrupp, February 04, 2010, 03:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

I don't know if they stopped airing the commercials or not, but yes, I bought a mac...

(http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=14129.0)

I have a quick question about the dock though. When I have an application running, let's say iTunes, you can obviously bring up that program if its behind other windows (like firefox) by just clicking the icon in the dock. Is there a way to set it so that when you click the program icon again (After you've brought the program up) it minimizes it? I guess I'm just used to the windows toolbar interface, where you could do what I'm saying (clicking a tab in your toolbar brings the window up, then clicking again minimizes it).

Anyway, I know this is a really simple and almost pointless feature, I'm just wondering if it's possible.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mattstick

No.  Stop thinking like a Windows user. :P

McGrupp

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

McGrupp

I guess the correct apple terminology would be that I want the dock to automatically "hide" the application when I click it when its already expanded.

jephrey

yeah, you'd have to right click or holdclick to bring up the menu...  or click cmd-h to hide it or cmd-m to minimize.  There may be a dock extender add-on that allows you to apply meaning to a single click on a doc item referencing a maximized and/or window/app with focus.  If you don't have it set, also go into your appearance prefs and select "Minimize when double clicking a window title bar"  I've always used this minimization method and it's the easiest IMO.  I think the same thing on windoze maximizes.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.