News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Re: Miami Battle

Started by UncleEbinezer, January 15, 2010, 03:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Seriously, guys at first this was fun to watch, but no more.  Take a break and come back when you want to discuss phish!
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

mattstick

If anyone else feels as though I shouldn't delete things in an effort to save this topic, chime in and let me know.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Seriously tho, Mattstick became childish when he got offended that I said "I'm glad you weren't there!"  when he had already said that he was glad he didn't go to miami.

How he can make the statement that he is happy with his decision not to go, and then get offended when I said that I'm happy with his decision not to go is beyond me and did not deserve the meltd0wn that it received.

I explained this many times, and apologized, but seriously, I feel that I more than manned up and mattstick more than acted like a baby, culminating in the "lets just forget this ever happened".  It should have been moved to "there goes the neighborhood" and not deleted.  That's how other boards handle these same types of meltd0wns, and mattstick knows it.

thatfargone

Not sure there is much place to go from here.  Just my opinion from being here a month but it seems these opinion polls haven't been too productive.  The Jam Vehicle thread was locked mid-discussion and this devolved pretty quickly. 

It's hard to "prove" opinions and we all feel very passionately about our opinions so it tends to get heated as their is no right or wrong answer. Yet, a lot of us (myself included in the case of Light vs. DwD) still feel a need to point out our side, which can be interpreted as stubborn arguing.  Whether or not that is any individual posters intention is subjective most times.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

Hicks

It's cool if people want to delete their own posts, but I do think we have a precedent of not modding other people's posts unless they get really over the top here and I'm in favor of sticking with that myself.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

guyforget

i really dont see why we spend so much time discussing your opinions, fpfr. 

mattstick has clarified his position about 7 times in this thread.  he even did the tale of the tape for you, even with the songs you wanted to add to the list. it doesnt make sense why you cant just accept that and agree to disagree.  theres no point in hashing it out past 3-4 posts.  3-4 pages is beyond excessive.

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on January 03, 2010, 08:10:38 PM
Wow.  I never thought I'd say this susep...but if you truly feel this way, I hope Phish continues in a similar vein and you stop going to shows.  I really really like the direction they're leaning in, and I don't want your whacky ideas ruining that direction for me.

The past four shows are exactly the type of Phish I want to see.

theres really no point in discussing anything about miami with you after this statement.  we get it, we know how you feel, thats great for you.  some people, myself included, disagree.  also fine. 

you hated 8, per your state of aPHairs thread, so im glad that fall (repeat) tour and miami got it going for you. 

-AD_

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: thatfargone on January 15, 2010, 03:24:07 PM
Not sure there is much place to go from here.  Just my opinion from being here a month but it seems these opinion polls haven't been too productive.  The Jam Vehicle thread was locked mid-discussion and this devolved pretty quickly. 

It's hard to "prove" opinions and we all feel very passionately about our opinions so it tends to get heated as their is no right or wrong answer. Yet, a lot of us (myself included in the case of Light vs. DwD) still feel a need to point out our side, which can be interpreted as stubborn arguing.  Whether or not that is any individual posters intention is subjective most times.

I agree with this 110 percent.  When I feel like someone is getting their feelings hurt or feel like I'm not listening to their opinion, I try to meet them half way.  Hell I'm downloading '03 right now because of mattstick's criticism of my lack of perspective.  This thread should not of melted-d0wn and I apologize to everyone who isn't Mattstick for shitting on a productive thread.  Especially you, Guy Forget.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: guyforget on January 15, 2010, 03:25:50 PM
i really dont see why we spend so much time discussing your opinions, fpfr. 

mattstick has clarified his position about 7 times in this thread.  he even did the tale of the tape for you, even with the songs you wanted to add to the list. it doesnt make sense why you cant just accept that and agree to disagree.  theres no point in hashing it out past 3-4 posts.  3-4 pages is beyond excessive.

theres really no point in discussing anything about miami with you after this statement.  we get it, we know how you feel, thats great for you.  some people, myself included, disagree.  also fine. 

you hated 8, per your state of aPHairs thread, so im glad that fall (repeat) tour and miami got it going for you.

At this point, if we know how mattstick feels too, according to your argument, why should we listen to anything else he has to say since he's already said it.

FWIW, Mattstick took it to a personal level when he said "fuck you faux".  I hadn't said anything offensive up until that point.  If I got my panties in a bunch, I'd hope someone would let me know too.  I think this meltd0wn has been much ado about nothing.  I'm surprised that he deleted posts instead of moving them, especially after I suggested it. 

Also, FWIW, some newer paugers here may not have seen that discussion and appreciate my point of view.  Discouraging Phish related discussion is not something we should do here.  You assume that everyone knows what I said about 8 (I didn't hate it btw, I just thought it wasn't extraordinary) and what I said about Miami.  Not everyone pays as much attention to me as some do.  I feel like I had a good perspective to bring to the table, and when I felt like I was being offensive I apologized.  Now we have no evidence of that because it's deleted. 

I know that you like Miami '03 too Guy, so you and Matt should definitely be happy that I'm giving it a listen.  Maybe I'll be surprised and love it, that'll give you guys a chance to say "I told you so" and bond with me.

The discussion was awesome, imo, until today and should be continued.

ytowndan

I can't speak for everyone, but just let it go, dude. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: ytowndan on January 15, 2010, 03:38:40 PM

I don't want to "let it go", I think it's hypocritical to blame me for mattstick melting d0wn, and I'll continue to say it as long as others continue to blame me for it.  All mattstick had to do was man-up when I explained myself and said "That's cool man, I got offended for no reason, I shouldn't have said "fuck you""  at that point all discussion would have moved forward.  That's not what happened and I'm not going to take ownership for matt not manning up.

McGrupp

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on January 15, 2010, 03:42:04 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on January 15, 2010, 03:38:40 PM

I don't want to "let it go", I think it's hypocritical to blame me for mattstick melting d0wn, and I'll continue to say it as long as others continue to blame me for it.  All mattstick had to do was man-up when I explained myself and said "That's cool man, I got offended for no reason, I shouldn't have said "fuck you""  at that point all discussion would have moved forward.  That's not what happened and I'm not going to take ownership for matt not manning up.

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

cactusfan

Quote from: sophist on January 15, 2010, 03:26:28 PM
I wanna discuss the Miami Piper from '03.  I still hold it gets fluffed.  It doesn't do it for me.

i voted for '03, for reasons i made clear in the ONE POST I MADE IN HERE TO MAKE THEM CLEAR (all caps screaming for faux's benefit).

but yeah. the 29th wasn't my fav, though many loved the second set segues. the piper wasn't a favorite either. for me, the 28th had some great stuff, especially the suzy, which floored me at the time, and even the unusually extened frankie says.

and the 30th killed. and much of the 31st, too. i love the tube in this show. i love the playfulness of ending wilson and tube the night after.

part of what we have going on here is the fact that everyone just listened to '09, or just went to '09, and most folks haven't heard '03 ever, or not since jan. '04 when they listened to it once. this might make a better head to head listening battle a year from now.

finally, faux, it seems like every thread on this site is 50 percent posts by you. you don't have to respond to every single opinion you disagree with. PLEASE don't bother responding to this. you've got an opinion. you've expressed it over and over again. whenever the rest of us disagree, which is often, because your opinions are 97 percent INSANE (well, that's MY opinion  :-D), you call us names and tell us we shouldn't go to shows and should have our 'phish cards' taken away, and however playfully you're saying all this stuff, you're saying it OVER AND FUCKING OVER again. just post like half as often. seriously. fewer posts = greater impact. think about it.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: cactusfan on January 15, 2010, 03:43:57 PM
Quote from: sophist on January 15, 2010, 03:26:28 PM
I wanna discuss the Miami Piper from '03.  I still hold it gets fluffed.  It doesn't do it for me.
finally, faux, it seems like every thread on this site is 50 percent posts by you. you don't have to respond to every single opinion you disagree with. PLEASE don't bother responding to this. you've got an opinion. you've expressed it over and over again. whenever the rest of us disagree, which is often, because your opinions are 97 percent INSANE (well, that's MY opinion  :-D), you call us names and tell us we shouldn't go to shows and should have our 'phish cards' taken away, and however playfully you're saying all this stuff, you're saying it OVER AND FUCKING OVER again. just post like half as often. seriously. fewer posts = greater impact. think about it.

I never name called in this thread until after Mattstick said "fuck you faux" and told me I should "man up" and that I was being "immature".  I try to not name call.  I never say you shouldn't go to shows unless you say that you don't like the music phish is playing now.  If you don't like the music phish is playing now, why would you like to watch something you don't enjoy?  I agree that I should post less, but really, I have nothing better to do, so maybe some of you should figure out how to get me to do things that aren't posting here.

I think that those who are in the anti-faux camp are being very very hypocritical.  It's ok to name call faux, but we will blame him for name calling.  It's ok to troll faux, but we will blame him for trolling (calling someone a troll IS name calling, btw).

Btw, I didn't respond to your post.   :evil: