News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

did this lame ass shit happen to anyone else

Started by whyweigh5.0, October 18, 2008, 10:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: caravan2001 on October 18, 2008, 10:46:11 AM
II got through on the capture before 10:01 and I had a 1 minute wait, than a 3 minute wait, then back to one minute, and at 10:04 it let me in.....only to say no more tix

yeah I was in at 10:01 at the latest, I may have even been in before that, I didn't look down at the clock until like 10:03 after I had waited a couple minutes already. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

antelope19

Quote from: caravan2001 on October 18, 2008, 10:43:42 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on October 18, 2008, 10:31:47 AM
After getting shut out, I decided to check ebay just for the hell of it.  I thought maybe by chance there will be some decent priced tickets/packages.  LOL.  What was I thinking?  

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tickets-PHISH-Reunion-3-Day-Passes-6-Tix-Hampton-VA_W0QQitemZ120320100402QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120320100402&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

2 Grand!  No thanks.  I'll just grab the FLAC's.  

somebody snapped that up in like 5 minutes!

yup, they've already doubled in price on those broker sites that were posted earlier.  :|
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Declan

time flew for me...

once it was trying to find tics thats all I could do...

then it came back 6 mins later with nothing  :|
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

Phunkaddict

How is ticket master allowed to sell tickets for $1000 bucks or more (ticketsnow)?
6/7 - $582
6/8 - $482

6/6 - keeps going up
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

Declan

well,

no tickets calls for

2 shots espresso

1 badass breakfast

Many Bong tokes

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

birdman

Quote from: 97phunkaddict on October 18, 2008, 11:27:59 AM
How is ticket master allowed to sell tickets for $1000 bucks or more (ticketsnow)?
6/7 - $582
6/8 - $482

6/6 - keeps going up
Are there any legal issues associated with ticket resale?
Ticketmaster and TicketsNow are committed to providing fans with the highest levels of service, choice, convenience, and security, and are committed to doing so lawfully. Ticketmaster and TicketsNow have been working with local jurisdictions across the United States and Canada, with a myriad of different and sometimes conflicting local laws, to ensure legal compliance, so that the laws reflect the fast-changing technology and marketplace. In fact, Ticketmaster has been at the forefront of efforts to prevent the illegal diversion of tickets away from fans by the use of automated programs.

I call shenanigans
Paug FTMFW!

Caravan2001

I should have known I was going to get screwed when my capture word was "Robbed".....My friend got through for the package, and the 6th is his 30th birthday.  His capture word was "Powder"......

McGrupp

For the people that did get the captcha, did anyone try the one word thing?
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Bobafett

one word worked, or at least got me in line...but that 1 minute lasted for 8, and then there were none left.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

gah

Quote from: McGrupp on October 18, 2008, 01:14:28 PM
For the people that did get the captcha, did anyone try the one word thing?

yeah dude, it worked, but it still didn't help, my place in line was over 15 minutes, then starting coming down, to 8...6...4...2...1.....then BACK UP to 8....9.....5.....3........and bam.....bumped me out....after that i was done for.

secondly, what the hell is this tickets now shit? i don't mean to keep beating on this, but wtf? how are you going to have a company owned by your company to sell tickets at 10x's the face value that the parent company sells them for? That's just legalized scalping....i wonder how many tickets ticketmaster just 'sold' to tickets now.....i just don't get it.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mattstick

Just to play devil's advocate...

Why should TM sell tickets to people who turn around and sell them for 10x the money on eBay?  It's going to happen anyways, why shouldn't they do it themselves?

Declan

Quote from: mattstick on October 18, 2008, 02:38:47 PM

Just to play devil's advocate...

Why should TM sell tickets to people who turn around and sell them for 10x the money on eBay?  It's going to happen anyways, why shouldn't they do it themselves?

because  :phish: would end up selling their own tickets

mattstick

Every major venue in North America has an exclusive contract with Ticketmaster, so no TM = no Phish at Hampton.

blastoplast

Didn't Pearl Jam do tours without using Ticketmaster?  Not a Pearl Jam fan, but I seem to remember that.  Maybe if Phish still does the summer festival things like they used to, they could sell all the tickets themselves.  Forget ticketmaster.
If you listen too closely to the sound, you might miss the music.  -Jim Henson