News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

In the interest of good vibes Ill b&P to all who reply

Started by zenster, April 18, 2005, 06:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenster

well, if someone wants to take on the task of uploading the DAT MASTERS i suppose i could loan some of them out.

Id really have to trust whom ever is doing this , so if i have several of you good people vouch for whom ever is going to do this
id be happy to send a 10 pac of DATS at a time. : )

Like I said before
•••• If i seeded any shows they would NOT be edited , they would be 100% complete.•••

Can I do this with CD's as well?

Id love to know how....

noah
Enjoy!

jedifunk

noah- using the CDs would require an EAC rip, which is frowned upon, especially if there are other means of getting a particular show.  EAC would be a last resort for older less circulated, rare type stuff.

I would be willing to vouch for most anyone here.  i know ucusty, guyforget, & crazyed all have been loaned DAT masters for transfers.  i fact i believe ucusty & crazyed just did that for the fall 95 project.

i'll wait till someone volunteers that then throw my support in if needed.

new & fresh transfers are always a good thing, as there are bound to be a couple of upgrades hiding in there.  thanks for offering.

also, if you interested in seeding read through the directions here:
http://bt.etree.org/upload.php
and if you have questions feel free to post in the tech support forum.

and thanks again!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

zenster

ok sounds cool. And thanks for the info!

Let me know what DATS i should dig up.

I have other syuff besides phish , which i guess ill have to list.

Id really like to share the Michael ray and the kosmic Krue with Trey and Page as well.

hit me up with a list of DATs you guys would like to seed and ill dig em up. : )

noah
Enjoy!

jedifunk

it might be easier for us if we knew what you had to offer.  then we could pick from those.  otherwise we could spend the next 3 years saying 'how about this one' and you saying 'nope don't have that'.  know what i mean?  hope thats not an inconveince for you.

in any case, i cant do any transfers, so its not really up to me, but i'm sure someone will chime in soon.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

zenster

As far as phish goes...

here is my list on etree...
85% I have on DAT

http://db.etree.org/noahphence

after that ill make a list of all the non phish and post it ...
probably after Trey at the hammer...: )

thanks!
Enjoy!

jephrey

Yeah...  From CD, EAC only if it's not available without the EAC.

the directions on the upload page of bt.etree.org are short and concise.  Creating the torrent is the only thing different when using Azureus...  Do you use that?  I also assume you have a mac cuz of your avatar.  Jedifunk and I will vouch for Azureus, and the mac :wink: .

You still put the tracker address in the same for either client (the fileset should be a directory, not a single file and you have to have the ffp or md5 in there).  Browse for the file.  Choose the piece size (automatic is fine) and maybe somewhere in there you choose the name of the torrent file.  It creates it in a few.  Then you go back to bt.etree and finish up there (following directions).  Then, back in azureus, go to open a torrent for seeding and find the torrent file and the fileset and you're off.

It's easy.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

zenster

DOOD,

somehing happened to my Azureus ...

It simply stopped working out of the blue...

It will not open.

I tried deleting it , and reinstalling it ... no dice..

so now im using
"bits on wheels"

and it works but seems to not have all the preferences options like Azureus did.

any thoughts??
Enjoy!

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

zenster

Enjoy!

jedifunk

oh no, i was commenting on jephrey's comments, sorry.  my azureus works fine.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

There are a handfull of people on this site (maybe even more that I dont know of) that are completely dependable when it comes to receiving DATs on loan and transferring, seeding, sharing, and mailing them back to their owner.  Assuming that you didnt kill B&R and BOMD from your DATs ;) Id be happy to take on some of the task.  If you want that Michael Ray show transferred digitally and seeded you can PM me for my address and mail the tape out.  Ill do that one and you can see what you think of the process...  

I dont know what else we'd be interested in because there are no sources listed on your db.etree page.
-AD_

jephrey

I don't believe BoW can create torrents.  There's a few others that will.  I think the straight up BitTorrent will and also Tomato Torrent, both of which you could try.  You can get them all here @ Versiontracker.  

Any other ??s, shoot,

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

zenster

Quote from: guyforgetThere are a handfull of people on this site (maybe even more that I dont know of) that are completely dependable when it comes to receiving DATs on loan and transferring, seeding, sharing, and mailing them back to their owner.  Assuming that you didnt kill B&R and BOMD from your DATs ;) Id be happy to take on some of the task.  If you want that Michael Ray show transferred digitally and seeded you can PM me for my address and mail the tape out.  Ill do that one and you can see what you think of the process...  

I dont know what else we'd be interested in because there are no sources listed on your db.etree page.

Ok , ill dig em up , along with some other stuff of interest for you.

Im sorry i dont have sources...but i can assure you that almost all the shows were taped on neuimans or shoepes.

Ill get a box of stuff together and hit you up for your adress. Id like to share with the community at large! :D
Enjoy!

jedifunk

wait, did u do the taping yourself? or are they all patches?  just curious since you don't seem to have any source info.  anyhoo
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

zenster

Quote from: jedifunkwait, did u do the taping yourself? or are they all patches?  just curious since you don't seem to have any source info.  anyhoo

99% patches
Enjoy!