News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Langerado 2009 Canceled

Started by antelope19, February 03, 2009, 01:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Zooma Tour I mean SSIA

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/16537/Langerado-2009-Cancelled

The 2009 Langerado Music Festival has canceled due to sluggish ticket sales.
Langerado's independent local promoters, faced with a very tough decision in a dismal economy, canceled the 2009 event only after every possible option was exhausted.

As Langerado Co-Promoter Ethan Schwartz explains, "Langerado has always put the fan experience first. Unfortunately, during these difficult economic times, and facing a first year in a new venue, it's become apparent that we cannot execute a production that lives up to the high standards of our past events. Putting Langerado on hold was the toughest decision we have ever had to make. We are very grateful for the support of the greater-Miami community and the music community during this difficult time."

All tickets purchased will be refunded. Please look for ticket refunds to be processed in the next 5-7 business days. Each order will be refunded to the credit card in full, minus the included order processing fees. Shipping fees will also be credited for those orders that did not select the free shipping promotion. Visit www.langerado.com for more information.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

redrum

QuoteThe 2009 Langerado Music Festival has canceled due to PHISH ticket sales.
blah blah yadda yadda

fixed their post.

shocking.  :roll:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Mr Minor

OlfactoryHue

i hope more festivals suffer this same fate, i'm not a fan of festivals unless they are phish festivals, or any other band that does their own festival such as.... well the only one i can think of is P Groove and Amberland
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

rowjimmy

Quote from: OlfactoryHue on February 03, 2009, 01:46:48 PM
i hope more festivals suffer this same fate, i'm not a fan of festivals unless they are phish festivals, or any other band that does their own festival such as.... well the only one i can think of is P Groove and Amberland

You know... some people depend on these fests for their livelihood... bands included.

OlfactoryHue

huh?  how can a band depend on festivals for their livelihood, what did bands do before festivals?  They tour'd

now you could say festival promoters depend on these for their livelihoods or slangers working lot, but bands... I don't think so
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

Igbo

Thats too bad. It was right down the road from my friends apartment in Miami. Pretty good line up too.

khalpin

Quote from: OlfactoryHue on February 03, 2009, 01:53:20 PM
huh?  how can a band depend on festivals for their livelihood, what did bands do before festivals?  They tour'd

now you could say festival promoters depend on these for their livelihoods or slangers working lot, but bands... I don't think so
Festivals give bands a ton of exposure they wouldn't otherwise get.  For many bands, it's the largest audience they'll ever play in front of.

tet

came here for the Zooma joke, leaving happy....   :clap:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: khalpin on February 03, 2009, 01:59:05 PM

Festivals give bands a ton of exposure they wouldn't otherwise get.  For many bands, it's the largest audience they'll ever play in front of.

Exactly.
Playing for an ordinary payday in front of an extraordinary crowd gives a band a chance at selling tickets to more gigs down the line.

Either way, wishing ill upon people's business is lame.

Don't like the fest? Don't go.

antelope19

Quote from: tet on February 03, 2009, 02:03:42 PM
came here for the Zooma joke, leaving happy....   :clap:

:lol:

Glad we could help. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 03, 2009, 02:18:48 PM

Exactly.
Playing for an ordinary payday in front of an extraordinary crowd gives a band a chance at selling tickets to more gigs down the line.

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 03, 2009, 02:18:48 PM

Exactly.

Agreed, and although I've never been since it's a little out of the way for me, from what I heard, Langerado was a decent Spring fest every year.  It's too bad the economy crunch is affecting them as well.  From what I hear, hosting a festival is a 24/7, thankless, bankrupting job and I give kudos to anyone who is ballsy enough to take on the task.  And as for bands making it off of festivals, I've been turned on to many a band from seeing their set at a fest or downloading their set from Bonnaroo/Langerado/10,000 Lakes/etc.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.