News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Random YouTube Music Video Blowout

Started by gah, April 11, 2009, 11:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

GBL

This song is great!  I've never heard of this band before but them being from Brooklyn I assume others have..

The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio

If this is love, I'm never going home..

spaced

Quote from: GBL on June 03, 2010, 02:01:14 AM
This song is great!  I've never heard of this band before but them being from Brooklyn I assume others have..

The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio

Do yourself a favor and pick up any of their last 3 albums, they are all great IMO - Alligator (2005), Boxer (2008 I think), and High Violet (this year - that's what this song is from). Boxer is my personal favorite, but I haven't had time to totally absorb the new one. They've become one of my favorite bands over the past few years - one of the few critically hyped ones that I really genuinely love. And if you don't immediately like those albums, give them a few more listens, they tend to grow on you over time.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

blatboom

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 23, 2010, 12:42:59 PM
Mick Jagger high as a kite!

oh my. i'm surprised peter tosh didn't tell him to back the hell up when he gets on his mic!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 23, 2010, 12:42:59 PM
Mick Jagger high as a kite!

It looks like Mick is going to eat Tosh!

justjezmund

cool vid dood.  and since my post count is set to 50 per page i had to click and go to youtube.  and i saw a vid next to it of one of my favorite covers.  I need to share it. 

Peter Tosh - Johnny Be Goode
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Tomapella

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

justjezmund

ive been really gettin into what this dude puts out. He affilliated with this project called "turntables on the hudson"  (some NYCers may know bout it, but i doubt it)  pretty underground dj/world music shit.  HIGHLY RECOMENDED
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

rowjimmy

A Jeff Tweedy solo show is something to behold, and the Wilco frontman’s benefit gig at Chicago’s Vic Theatre in March was—by all accounts—a prime example. Tweedy performed a host of pre-submitted audience requests, including “Shakin’ Sugar,” a Wilco rarity that even he had to Google, Radiohead’s “Fake Plastic Trees” (once again), Bill Fay’s “Be Not So Fearful,” his new Mavis Staples track “You’re Not Alone,” a Kinks cover, and dozens more. One fan requested YHF stunner “Ashes of American Flags” or Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies.” Guess which one he chose to sing for 10 seconds and then recite in full for some classic Tweedy stage banter lulz. I, for one, am glad that someone “forfeit[ed] their memories” for this clip.

http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/733819141/jeff-tweedy-single-ladies-video-beyonce