News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Random YouTube Music Video Blowout

Started by gah, April 11, 2009, 11:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

Jimmy Fallon has just been killing it on The Tonight Show.  This is the only way to listen to an R Kelly song.

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

rowjimmy

Mike sitting in with Ratdog last night on Bird Song...

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 25, 2014, 08:08:45 AM
Mike sitting in with Ratdog last night on Bird Song...

I always like Mike on those slow loping tunes. Good stuff. That said, I hate that Bobby doesn't even try to sing anymore. I don't think I could make through a Rat Dog show.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

I'm cool with Bobby's vox.
I kinda wish I'd caught the DC show.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 25, 2014, 09:37:51 AM
I'm cool with Bobby's vox.
I kinda wish I'd caught the DC show.

He's not the only reason, but certainly one of the reasons I can't stand listening to the Dead post-1978 or so. He just gave up trying to sing at some point. Of course, this is all my dumb opinion. ymmv.

rowjimmy

Quote from: PG on February 25, 2014, 09:41:03 AM
Of course, this is all my dumb opinion.

We all know what that's worth.

PIE-GUY

PIE-GUY

Listen to the silent trees!!

http://www.livescience.com/33673-tree-rings-sound-record-player.html

QuoteArtist Bartholomäus Traubeck has custom-built a record player that is able to "play" cross-sectional slices of tree trunks. The result is his artpiece "Years," an audio recording of tree rings being read by a computer and turned into music, much like a record player's needle reads the grooves on an LP.

The tree rings are actually being translated into the language of music, rather than sounding musical in and of themselves. According to Makezine, the custom record player takes in data using a PlayStation Eye Camera and a stepper motor attached to its control arm, and relays the data to a computer. A program called Ableton Live then uses it to generate an eerie piano track. [Listen to the Six Spooky Sounds from the Deep]

Though the record player "interprets" rather than actually "playing" the tree trunk, as Gizmodonotes, the song still varies with each new piece of wood placed on the turntable.

natronzero

So here's Babymetal, the world's only J-Pop Death Metal band...

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: natronzero on March 06, 2014, 11:20:17 AM

Are those chicks on a helium kick or something?
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

natronzero

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 06, 2014, 11:51:29 AM

I'm guessing chocolate, actually...
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: natronzero on March 06, 2014, 12:21:12 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 06, 2014, 11:51:29 AM

I'm guessing chocolate, actually...

Chocolate is a helluva drug then.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Quote from: PG on March 04, 2014, 10:35:15 AM

QuoteArtist Bartholomäus Traubeck has custom-built a record player that is able to "play" cross-sectional slices of tree trunks. The result is his artpiece "Years," an audio recording of tree rings being read by a computer and turned into music, much like a record player's needle reads the grooves on an LP.

The tree rings are actually being translated into the language of music, rather than sounding musical in and of themselves. According to Makezine, the custom record player takes in data using a PlayStation Eye Camera and a stepper motor attached to its control arm, and relays the data to a computer. A program called Ableton Live then uses it to generate an eerie piano track. [Listen to the Six Spooky Sounds from the Deep]

Though the record player "interprets" rather than actually "playing" the tree trunk, as Gizmodonotes, the song still varies with each new piece of wood placed on the turntable.

Weird, but in a good way. Made me dig out this one:

Twitter | FB | Instagram

twatts

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 06, 2014, 03:09:38 PM

Good pick!

I thought of this:

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

mopper_smurf

Quote from: twatts on March 06, 2014, 11:42:20 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 06, 2014, 03:09:38 PM

Good pick!

I thought of this:

Terry

Or this one:

Twitter | FB | Instagram