News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/09 - Asheville Civic Center - Asheville, NC - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Rift, June 09, 2009, 11:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonybeyondo

:-D :-D :-D <--this is me after tonight's show!

I had a frickin' blast - hadn't seen the boys since Coventry and they hosed it- a ton of tension and release ROCK jamming tonight (Kill Devil Falls, BDTNL, Divided Sky, Bold as Love, Possum) .  Also they brought the FUNK with Moma, Gumbo, Tube, Ghost, Halley's).  This was a throwdown pure and simple- great show- I'm all smiles, and I'll hopefully get to meet up with the Paug crew in Knoxville.

My favs of the night - Tube, Moma, Gumbo, Divided Sky, Ghost, MAZE

Strange that they did Tube in consecutive shows, but I can't complain- I wasn't at Camden! 

blatboom

Rift

Quote from: guyforget on June 10, 2009, 12:31:46 AM
i dont usually review in post-show-glow

but i had a lot of fun tonight, whole crew did

kicked it w/ goodabouthood, bobby, raged it

Good to hear, bro. Glad everyone had a good time.  8-)
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

tonybeyondo

Quote from: blatboom on June 10, 2009, 12:42:57 AM
so there was a Gumbo jam?

Not fullon but enough to get me movin- wish Fishman had pulled out the cowbell and extended this one '98 style.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

whatapiper

will have to give a listen, 2nd set looks like it could be pretty good, although coming off the camden show the setlist looks weak, but then again, it's just a setlist... glad to hear the ghost is worth a listen, i feel like we are in desperate need of an amazing ghost.   

happy bday slim!
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

thechad

Tonight looked pretty sick, DL'ing right now, I've got to get through camden first (on Antelope so it'll be tonight), but this show looks sick.  Lengthwise, are you fuggin' kidding me?
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

WhatstheUse?

Trey told a funny story before the "DFB, GUmbo, Tube" combo...

apparently those songs were written by trey after he stumbled upon fishmans diary  :lol:
Bring in the dude!

ytowndan

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=525742

First AUD surfaced. 

Source: DPA 4023(ORTF)->Sonosax SX-M2->Sound Devices 744t (24/48)

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

PhishPhan

keeb333

Quote from: Here Comes The Joker on June 09, 2009, 11:56:31 PM
I think the tube more has to do with them playing the four fishman penned tunes in a row.  Stream was in at the tale end and trey saying something about now another one from the journal of Jon Fishman.

yeah, it was funny,and then all of a sudden those songs made much more sense!

Also, the ghost was amazing...the jam took on a life it's own out of nowhere, it seemed.  We were raging it about 10 rows back in front of Mike.  Mind = blown

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on June 10, 2009, 02:11:13 AM
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=525742

First AUD surfaced. 

Source: DPA 4023(ORTF)->Sonosax SX-M2->Sound Devices 744t (24/48)

This will likely be great.