News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

i could use some help...

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, October 13, 2009, 02:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Well yes everyone knows that Gumbo is spiritual.   :-D
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ytowndan

Quote from: Hicks on October 13, 2009, 03:23:49 PM
For me spirituality is the more general concept whereas religion is the organized application of spirituality. 

I suppose an ok analogy would be that spirituality is like the idea of music in the abstract whereas music theory with its system of notes, scales and chords would be like a religion of sorts.

Hicks' explanation is basically how I feel.  Except he put it into better words than I would have.   
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Hicks on October 13, 2009, 03:56:00 PM

:lol: :-D
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

WhatstheUse?

Last I heard, Gumbo was a drug.

So if Gumbo is a drug, and Gumbo is Spiritual..... does that mean drugs=spiritual

I think we're on to something.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 13, 2009, 05:24:37 PM

Last I heard, Gumbo was a drug.

So if Gumbo is a drug, and Gumbo is Spiritual..... does that mean drugs=spiritual

I think we're on to something.

http://www.youtube.com/v/rXhAXK5kxVY
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

thanks everyone.

i aced my midterm  8-)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gah

Quote from: ytowndan on October 13, 2009, 03:57:10 PM
Quote from: Hicks on October 13, 2009, 03:23:49 PM
For me spirituality is the more general concept whereas religion is the organized application of spirituality. 

I suppose an ok analogy would be that spirituality is like the idea of music in the abstract whereas music theory with its system of notes, scales and chords would be like a religion of sorts.

Hicks' explanation is basically how I feel.  Except he put it into better words than I would have.

I really liked that music analogy. I know you already had your test, but this is a great topic. Religion to me seems very confining for what I experience. I  definitely feel very spiritual, and have tremendous amounts of faith in something greater, some higher purpose, and find that the answers we're looking for always come to us. Maybe not in the moment, but when we're ready for them. Anytime i've had a question as into why something was happening in my life, I realized, maybe the answer would come with time. Sometimes it may be days, sometimes, it can be years later, but the reason will always come to you, you just need patience, and faith.

Ok, that is all.

Everything in life, got it's purpose, find it's reason. - B. Marley.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.