News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

I'll probably never stay at the Millennium Hotel again

Started by whyweigh5.0, November 22, 2009, 07:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyweigh5.0

I would consider if it was like $40 a night.  I got there at about 4:30 on the 20th.  Sat in traffic out front in the street for about 10 minutes just trying to get into the pull in for valet parking.  Then after waiting and waiting this cop comes over to my car and fucking starts yelling at me telling me I need to get out of there because I was in the street.  Just being an all around asshole about it.  So I drive around the block about 6 times till Finally a spot in front of the building opens up.. not a parking spot, but I just needed to pull in somewhere to get my bags out and pay for valet.  Nope.  Valet lot is full :samurai:  He tells me that there is a check in little garage thing on the other side of the building but I cant park, just for check in is all.  I do that, walk inside to check in and there is literally about 50-60 people in line waiting to check in and there were only 2 people working the desk.  After that I decided to just go to the show and check in when I get back.  I have a blast at the show.  I get back to the hotel around 1am and the valet lot is still full.  Luckily there is a parking lot right beside the hotel for public parking.  $15 for 24 hours.   I don't complain about that because it is right there.  I check in.  Get to my room.  Kick off my shoes and go open the curtains.  As soon as I get to the window my socks are completely soaked.  The carpet all around the AC and window is completely soaked in water.   I was tired and just said fuck it and went to bed.  Sat morn I wake up at 9 so I can get NYE tix.  I walk down to the desk.  Pay for the internet with my card, get back to my room and it wont work.  Kept trying for 20 min and then went back down to the desk.  I told them what it was doing.. it kept saying my connection was blocked.  I told him that and he re-swiped my card and said he had a solution for the prob, he had to call and reset it and it would work.  OK.  Went back up to my room.  Tried again and it did the same thing.  By this time it was 10:05 and I just gave up at that point.  Went back to bed, got something to eat and hit the next show.  Had a blast (except for this girl beside me who was drunk and possibly rolling and acting like a 2 year old the entire show).  Got back to my hotel after the show.. of course the valet lot is ful.. I expected that much.  But now that public lot is full too.  I find another garage about 3 blocks away (which sucks because after standing through a show my knee hurts like a bitch).  Walk back to the hotel and wait till about 3am when I see spots opening up in that lot.  I get my car, park in the lot next to the hotel, get to my room.  Im a little agitated and sit and watch tv and calm down, decide to order breakfast for in the morning on one of those hanging doorknob menu things and there isnt a single pen in my room.

All in all I enjoyed the shows immensely.  Its just those little things

/end rant
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

mbw

whyweigh5.0

oh and the elevators were a fucking nightmare.  But I dont blame the hotel for that.  That blame goes to the phans who think elevators are toys
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

whyweigh5.0

and now I log into my bank account to check my balance and there is a pending $50 charge from the hotel for I don't know what

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

whyweigh5.0

oh, I cant believe I forgot to mention the guy I saw get tasered.  That first night when I finally pulled up in front of the hotel.. before I left for the show.  I pull up to the curb and get out.  Not a minute after I get out of my car I turn and see this dude runnin towards me and just does like a belly flop on the sidewalk right in front of me.  Then I look up and notice the cop that was running behind him holding a taser gun and hes pointing it at this dude and there is a red dot on him.  He isn't moving at all.  Then for no reason the cop turn and points the taser at this girl who was just sitting beside her car in front of me.  I dont know why

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

redrum

i stayed at the hyatt across the street, a lil more civilized than the millenium but still raging..
i kno cuz i made multiple trips to the millenium fri & sat, and yes the elevator scene was attrocious & quite hilarious all togethr.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

blatboom

Igbo

Quote from: whyweigh4.0 on November 22, 2009, 07:56:22 PM
I would consider if it was like $40 a night.  I got there at about 4:30 on the 20th.  Sat in traffic out front in the street for about 10 minutes just trying to get into the pull in for valet parking.  Then after waiting and waiting this cop comes over to my car and fucking starts yelling at me telling me I need to get out of there because I was in the street.  Just being an all around asshole about it.  So I drive around the block about 6 times till Finally a spot in front of the building opens up.. not a parking spot, but I just needed to pull in somewhere to get my bags out and pay for valet.  Nope.  Valet lot is full :samurai:  He tells me that there is a check in little garage thing on the other side of the building but I cant park, just for check in is all.  I do that, walk inside to check in and there is literally about 50-60 people in line waiting to check in and there were only 2 people working the desk.  After that I decided to just go to the show and check in when I get back.  I have a blast at the show.  I get back to the hotel around 1am and the valet lot is still full.  Luckily there is a parking lot right beside the hotel for public parking.  $15 for 24 hours.   I don't complain about that because it is right there.  I check in.  Get to my room.  Kick off my shoes and go open the curtains.  As soon as I get to the window my socks are completely soaked.  The carpet all around the AC and window is completely soaked in water.   I was tired and just said fuck it and went to bed.  Sat morn I wake up at 9 so I can get NYE tix.  I walk down to the desk.  Pay for the internet with my card, get back to my room and it wont work.  Kept trying for 20 min and then went back down to the desk.  I told them what it was doing.. it kept saying my connection was blocked.  I told him that and he re-swiped my card and said he had a solution for the prob, he had to call and reset it and it would work.  OK.  Went back up to my room.  Tried again and it did the same thing.  By this time it was 10:05 and I just gave up at that point.  Went back to bed, got something to eat and hit the next show.  Had a blast (except for this girl beside me who was drunk and possibly rolling and acting like a 2 year old the entire show).  Got back to my hotel after the show.. of course the valet lot is ful.. I expected that much.  But now that public lot is full too.  I find another garage about 3 blocks away (which sucks because after standing through a show my knee hurts like a bitch).  Walk back to the hotel and wait till about 3am when I see spots opening up in that lot.  I get my car, park in the lot next to the hotel, get to my room.  Im a little agitated and sit and watch tv and calm down, decide to order breakfast for in the morning on one of those hanging doorknob menu things and there isnt a single pen in my room.

All in all I enjoyed the shows immensely.  Its just those little things

/end rant

That blows. Sounds like the staff was a bit overwhelmed. If you want any type of recourse, bitch. Send an email to the General Manager. Or fill out their online comment card. Most Hotels are dieing for business right now, and in a town like Cincinatti i'm sure its the same. No diss to Cinci, go Bengals!  So Hotels are doing whatever it takes to have repeat business. Most likely they would take something off that bill, or invite you back for a free night.

The $50 hold is probably an incidental charges hold on your debit card. It will be put back on the card 1 to 3 business days. They should have told this when you checked in.

Being tazed is also standard procedure now too.

rowjimmy

Igbo knows hotels. Followup and express your displeasure.

postjack

sounds truly terrible. 

we stayed about 20 minutes away at a residence inn and it was awesome.  two bedrooms, two king beds, a kitchen and sitting area with a fold out couch.  $110 a night because my friend had a voucher.  free internet, free hot breakfast, got my miami tickets.  sounds like we had polar opposite experiences.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

fauxpaxfauxreal

whyweigh5.0

Oh I am going to write the general manager about all of this.  And I am wondering if that $50 charge is for the mini fridge that I requested when I checked in that never came