Author Topic: 11/28 - Times Union Center - Albany, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review  (Read 19481 times)

OctopusRider

Re: 11/28 - Times Union Center - Albany, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review
« Reply #375 on: December 14, 2009, 11:09:32 PM »
Wow!  I should have known a lot would be said about 7 Below > Ghost.  I won't even touch it with words.  Unbelievable...is about all I can think of.

Sanity, put incredibly lame, was insane.   :roll:  Seriously though I knew Chris was going to have fun tonight when they started this.  I enjoyed the lights more at Albany II than ever before.  Usually they are almost noise to me but not here.

Stealing Time was ridiculously intense.  I don't think I'll ever hear this song in the same way again.

I'll skip over some of the obvious Trey flubs.  The 2nd set cancelled them all out for me.  Although most of which could not be heard (at least not by me) at the show.  Damn SBD's!  :frustrated:  Sometimes I wish I would just stick to the AUD's.

SOAM was very well played.  I don't think much has been said about it.  It is definitely worth another listen if you haven't really checked it out.

YEM was definitely the best I've seen but I haven't had too many of them I guess.  MSG III was probably better but I prefer this one.

Offline Play_It_Leo

• Reading The Book...
  • Run like an antelope... out of control
« Reply #376 on: January 31, 2010, 11:59:35 PM »
Wow. I started listening right after New Years to the past tour starting at Detroit and going through show by show. I haven't been able to stop re-listening to this show to make it through the end of the tour yet. Structured parts of songs were definitely off. When even I can notice how far off they are on Foam and Pen, I know it's bad. Trey at least caught up for the closing of Pen. This -7>Ghost may not be the farthest-reaching jam of PH, but it's by far the best of 2009 (that I've listened to up to this point). I distinctly heard 2001 and boaf teases. This 2nd set has to be the best of the year despite the problems of set I. Awesome.
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

Offline redrum

• Gamehendge
  • Official Poll Giver
    • that time then
« Reply #377 on: February 01, 2010, 02:50:14 AM »

Those 2oo1 teases made the next version of it pop off like a mofo.
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Offline justjezmund

• Gamehendge
« Reply #378 on: February 01, 2010, 08:57:14 AM »
 :crazy: 

/thread
It's like BJ Galore over here!

I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Offline justjezmund

• Gamehendge
« Reply #379 on: January 21, 2011, 08:32:17 PM »
Just sayin this ghost really isn't overrated.  3.0 moving start>dark awesome type II>birds jam.

Shits raw.
It's like BJ Galore over here!

I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Offline macaronihead

• Got It Simple
Just sayin this ghost really isn't overrated.  3.0 moving start>dark awesome type II>birds jam.

Shits raw.

Indeed. Just listened to this show again a few days ago. that Ghost put me in a great place. Didn't lose interest at all. I wanted to see if it was as good as I remembered from the last time I listened (maybe a year ago) and it certainly didn't disappoint.

Offline DoW

• In the Band
anyone else miss this show?
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Offline Undermind

• Gamehendge
    • Phish Video Collection
Now that's some serious bumpage and yes, yes I do.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
Now that's some serious bumpage and yes, yes I do.

I was just listening to this set II the other day, along with the 08-05-10 RnR.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
I had almost forgotten about this show. The -7 -> ghost > cool it down is a really great segment of a show. Some serious hoseage going on.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
I had almost forgotten about this show. The -7 -> ghost > cool it down is a really great segment of a show. Some serious hoseage going on.

I remember Gumbo losing his marbles over that piece of music.
I suspect putin and trump have something to do with this
that's great. people are stupid.
My records are my media for music.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair

OMG... You GUYS!!!! PAY JORGAN!!!

Offline zimbra

• Wrote the Book
  • "Strikes & Gutters, Ups & Downs"

OMG... You GUYS!!!! PAY JORGAN!!!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio